• DrMike
    competition level in the video looks a little, ummmmmmm.....lacking?
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Yeah, always a problem when watching film of a kid, especially from a region that is not known as a basketball hotbed.

Here is some video from the Deng camp. As a reference point, they ranked Adebayo as the 5th best player at there 2018 camp...Fuller was the top rated player at that camp in 2017.

Deng Camp Video
  • BlueGoldAg
    I had the same feeling. I do like his athleticism. I'm hoping we see a significant improvement from Fuller this year. After seeing his #1 rating from the Deng Camp and seeing how physically strong he is, I expected him to challenge for more playing time. As it was he played very little after the first couple of games.
  • DrMike
    when i see clips like this my brain pops back to the Monty Python skit of the doctors playing soccer against the Long John Silver impersonators (all with peg leg, all immobile). apparently un-postable due to copyright laws.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Hahaha...I need a highlight film like that!
  • 69aggie
    I agree with Blue. A lot of athleticism with him that is not currently present on the team. Jumps like he has titanium springs in his legs. Born in Nigeria. Wasn’t Chima also originally from Nigeria?
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Not sure this highlight package has been posted. I believe BGA mentioned that incoming PG Manjon recently won a dunk contest at a post season all-star camp. Not sure this is from that camp, but it certainly shows his hops and his overall talent. He'll definitely make an impact next year.

• BlueGoldAg
    The more highlight videos I see of our current recruits, the more I'm impressed. I think Les and his staff have gone out and landed some pretty talented players. It's going to be exciting to see if some of these kids can get some significant minutes as true freshmen.

Oliver Gehrke 2018/19 highlights:

• BlueGoldAg
    Here's proof that you don't have to be loaded with blue chip talent to succeed at the highest level of D1 basketball:

Texas Tech starting 5

Tariq Owens - 185th in 2014 3⭐️
    Jarrett Culver - 312th in 2017 2⭐️
    Davide Moretti- 132nd in 2017 3⭐️
    Norense Odiase - 358th in 2014 2⭐️
    Matt Mooney- Unranked 0⭐️

...and they came within seconds of a National Championship this year...
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Thanks for posting the video of Gehrke. Another stretch 4 is exactly what the Ags need. I kind of assumed he'd red-shirt next year, but after watching this, I could easily see him fitting into the big-man rotation next year.

I imagine we'll see a fairly low level OOC schedule next year as Les will need to work in a large number of new pieces. I'm already pysched to see how this team comes together.
  • BlueGoldAg
    It's always hard to tell how well the European players will adjust to the speed and physicality of the the American D1 game but Gehrke's sure looks like he has a great fake and stroke and can dish the assist. He reminds me of Josh Ritchart...a big that can stretch the floor for us on offense.

The big question for all of our new players will be, "Can they play defense like Les demands?" We all know that if you can defend well and consistently, you'll see some PT for Les but, if you break down on D, you'll ride the bench.
  • BlueGoldAg
    More impressive highlights from Aggie recruit Elijah Pepper:

https://twitter.com/NWBallersBB/status/1113756031253864448
  • BlueGoldAg
    Former Aggie, Delveion Jackson, has officially transferred and signed with Northwest Nazarene University. NWU is small, private D2 school in Nampa, Idaho, that plays in the Great Northwest Athletic Conference. I hope he does well there.

• BlueGoldAg
    Aggie recruits, Kennedy Koehler and Wesley Harris, are both on this list:

• BlueGoldAg
    5'10 Ezra Manjon Ultimate Mixtape | UC Davis Got A Star!! NASTY PULL-UP & MAJOR BOUNCE

• Oldbanduhalum
    I don't know how it'll all turn out, but this young man is certainly going to push for major minutes next year.
  • Gunrock47
    He looks exciting! much different style than any Aggie guard we've had in some years.
  • BlueGoldAg
    It will be exciting watch him develop at the D1 level. We'll be hard pressed to see a better PG than TJ was though...he was one of the best players we've ever had.
  • oldschool
    Manjon looks like a stud. Hopefully he can play the kind of hard-nosed defense Les demands, because his bounce and ability to get into the key on the offensive end can't be coached.
1234Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!