• Oldbanduhalum
    New Enterprise Article about the upcoming Aggie Women's season HERE Not a lot of new information, except that Cierra McKeown has left the team to pursue a nursing career. Too bad as I was looking forward to watching her game develop. Good luck in her career.

Also, I didn't know that Konrad was coming off a knee surgery before last season. I love her defensive tenacity and athleticism, and now after one more year of recovery, we may see a big leap in her development.

Go Ags!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Losing the twins and Morgan will leave some big shoes to fill but Gross and her staff have shown that they now have the program at a point where they reload rather than rebuild each year. I'm sorry to see that McKeown has left the team but I'm not completely surprised. She was a high school and JC scoring machine but, for whatever reason, she didn't outwardly appear to ever really to be as "emotionally connected" to the team as a whole. It didn't look like she was ever really comfortable on the floor despite her obvious talent. Chemistry and interpersonal relationships with teammates is huge. I wish her well as she purses her nursing career.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Some players will definitely have to grow into new roles, and new players will need to step up, but I'd be shocked if weren't at the top of the BW again next year.
  • 69aggie
    Good information from the DE. I agree with BGA the team does have some real depth despite the loss of the twins and Morgan. That Konrad was a real stud at the end of the season and not at 100% is quite amazing. I am very curious about whether Jen will RS some of the freshman coming in. She sat Morgan for a year and look how that played out. So probably Lily will sit? Your thoughts?
  • Oldbanduhalum
    It wouldn't surprise me if Lily and/or Jones (6-3 from Scottland) sit next year. We'd still have Stobbart, Gibbs (also coming back from injuries if I remember correctly) and Konrad up front. Now that I write that out, maybe we need either Lilly or Jones to play for depth. Then the following year we add in whoever redshirted plus 6-6 Svanholm. Now that is the depth of size that we need to compete outside of the BW.
  • 69aggie
    Agree. Lena and Kenedy can take the year off to work on their game. And Shoot the THREE!!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Some OOC games for WBB:

@ Fresno State 11/12
    @ St Mary's 11/19
    vs Portland State 11/30
    @ Stanford 12/28
  • BlueGoldAg
    These 3 will be missed...

• BlueGoldAg
    12/5 vs Boston University
  • Russ Bowlus

Lily Kenedy is tall...who knew?! :lol:
  • Oldbanduhalum
    It's going to eventually be an imposing front line.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I'm really looking forward to watching this program continue to get better and better. Like Jim Les said. "We're just swimming in their wake."
  • BlueGoldAg
    Non-conference games that I can find so far:

@ Montana State 11/8
    @ Fresno State 11/12
    @ St Mary's 11/19
    vs San Francisco 11/22
    vs Sacramento State 11/26
    vs Portland State 11/30
    vs Boston University 12/5
    @ Northern Arizona 12/8
    @ Stanford 12/28
  • Russ Bowlus
    The usual local teams, looks like.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Added vs Boston University on 12/5.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Nice. It looks like BU is stopping off in Davis before the play Cal.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    The complete 19-20 schedule has been posted here. @Minnesota seems to be the biggest addition to what we had already posted.

• BlueGoldAg
    I think that's a respectable non-conference schedule. WBB has been able to schedule 6 regular home games and 2 home exhibitions for their fans which is in sharp contrast with the men's 4 home games total.
  • Russ Bowlus
    I think they've been smart in piggy-backing on big-name teams coming out to play Stanford (or Cal). Works out nicely for everyone--extra west coast game for [insert team] and a nice OOC schedule for Davis.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The women are looking for some practice competition!

• Oldbanduhalum
    They introduced the b-ball teams at homecoming today. Pretty sure Cierra Hall was in a boot with crutches. Hopefully a short term issue as we’ll need her this year.
  • Russ Bowlus
    In a boot in one of the videos they posted to Instagram, as well.
  • Russ Bowlus
    First exhibition game today at 2pm. Free admission, says the paper.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I think I’ll stop by just to see how the new players look.
  • Russ Bowlus
    I really want to, but eldest has volleyball clinic until 2. :grimace:
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I’ll give you my thoughts on the team. Enjoy the volleyball clinic...I miss those days.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I look forward to hearing your observations about the team. I think it's probably going to take some time before this team gels together given that the twins and Morgan are gone now.
  • BlueGoldAg
    No is no media coverage at all for these exhibition games. No live stats...nothing...so please post up scores and your observations. Thanks!
  • Zander
    I'm here. They did have the players call season ticket holders inviting them but that was it again.

Trpcic, Bessolo, Stobbart, Toole, and Konrad starting
  • Oldbanduhalum
    you bet. Trpcic toole stobbart bessalo and Konrad start. Hall is out of the boot and is moving well. She won’t be out long
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!