• DavisAggie
    Where was the news that Trimble and Bland are out?
  • CA Forever
    Another poster mentioned that Bland was off for academics but the recent the positional articles that have been coming out mentioned Bland as being a big contributor this upcoming season and that was from the coaches so I don't know.
  • DavisAggie
    Bland was at Fan Fest on Friday. Don't know about Trimble
  • AggieFinn

if anybody hasn't been following the news over the past few years, Berkeley has had a large number of high profile ruckuses. Saturdays are never dull...this is just football...but I think they're just being thorough.
  • Riveraggie
    Nobody said Trimble was out, it was just that he was not mentioned in the linebacker preview,
    I think the Bland info was just someone trolling.
  • DrMike
    I know we are very thin at inside backer. Spring injury of someone (missed the name). No idea of the reason why anyone else is out and wouldn’t put it here if I did.
  • Riveraggie
    Quincy Bennett isn't back this year.
    However, if the coaches are concerned about depth at ILB why would they move Nas Anesi to outside linebacker, as was reported in the linebacker preview?
  • agalum
    Quincy Bennett isn't back this year.

What happened to Quincy? I got to know his dad at various functions. His dad traveled from Texas to see the games
  • Riveraggie
    Just going by the roster, so don’t know reason he’s not on it. Played in playoffs last year. If there is less depth at inside linebacker he’s the key guy missing who still had eligibility.
  • agalum
    Ok, thanks for the info. He’s a hard hitting good kid from a football family. Surely he will be missed on the field
  • movielover
    Next man up!
  • agalum
    As I recall, at the last game with Cal someone organized wearing something other then blue and gold so we stood out. I think it was the white Aggie shirts. Has anyone heard of any dress code suggestions for this game?
  • DrMike
    if you want a frosty reception from the Cal fans, wear RED.
  • movielover
    Aggie Banda update?
  • agalum

This was on FB:

Unfortunately, no. The band is still on the suspension pending results of the climate review. We hope to have news on reinstatement of the band in the next two weeks.
  • NCagalum
    Good thing they didn’t have “climate reviews” back in the day when I was in the band. Probably would have never taken the field. Bandsmen wrote the halftime scripts with many double entendres, etc. But before my time was the Cal Poly incident and stealing or”gaffing” the Portland State sign.
  • agalum

Oh, the good old days. Anybody remember the frats that would send an unsuspecting coed female up the stands by handing her from one person to the next until she was at the top? My Lord today someone would go to jail for that.
  • movielover
    Awesome memory! I recall the halftime show where the band simulated snorting or cutting the 50-yardline after some politician was busted w blow.

When were the last streakers at a game? I recall a few daytime guys dashing the whole field with only one sock over the goods...
  • AggieFinn

I'll pay $100 per Aggie streaker at Strawberry Canyon. That's good beer money...come on now, all the beautiful people need apply. Hell, .anybody, we'z all beautiful

streaker-chiefs-blues-photosport.jpg?mode=crop&width=675&height=379&quality=80&scale=both
  • agalum
    Ok, not football but always got a laugh out of this. I was a third year undergrad and my mom and dad were visiting from Socal during the Whole Earth Festival. As we walked around the quad, several coed females streaked by us. My dad never said a word. Then at dinner that night, he asked if the festival was an annual event. I replied in the affirmative, and he followed up saying, “I liked it, I think I will come back next year.”
  • agalum

She was cool. Just rolled her eyes as I recall.
  • movielover
    Bear fans worrying that their OLine & WR positions lack depth and talent; but consider their defense scary.
  • movielover
    Article today claiming QB Garber was suffering from an overworked arm (shoulder) late last year, couldn't make deep throws.

Either way, from RS Frosh to Soph, he should be improved.
  • AggieFinn
    Come on Ags!

One Week Now!

ipq8vntyo8per0wh.gif
  • movielover
    Should we assume DI Aggies kicked us down game tape?
  • aggiebrother
    Cam Trimble tore his ACL in spring. Out for the season. Montell Bland academically ineligible. ILB is Flowers and Airey. both experienced! Got a couple transfers from juco as well. Nas Anesi moves to OLB to play in the role that Bumgart (#6) played last season.
  • quadshock
    Just confirmed to be there, not in visitor's section though.

If I'm supposed to wear red please confirm, because I'll do it ;)
  • smarterray
    I'll be there. I plan to bring some signs:

"What's a matter? Couldn't get into Davis?"

"State School"

-and-

"Kal State Berkeley"
  • movielover
    Now we understand 4 JC transfers at LB. Bland can redshirt, I think Trimble already sat a year. Best wishes to both young men!

I wonder if we'll see Brandon Jamieson at LB? Our youngsters and transfers need to step up.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!