• SoCalAggie
    Our defense is just getting tired because the Offense can’t do anything.
  • Fiat Lux
    completely agree. We need a quarter timeout and a long sustained drive to help us out.
  • SoCalAggie
    Game would be winnable if we could put 1 drive together.

Our secondary is outstanding. Getting outworked at the line. We are giving their QB all day
  • BlueGoldAg
    D is wearing down...can't get any pressure on the QB and their 230 RB is tough to bring down especially against a tired D...
  • Fiat Lux
    Wow that hurts... Lets get it back and score again. We are a still in it!
  • NCagalum
    Wow, what an ugly pass and lucky TD
  • SoCalAggie
    That play right there really sums up the day.
  • SoCalAggie
    Their QB sucks. Imagine when he’s pressured
  • SoCalAggie
    Game was totally winnable.
  • SoCalAggie
    Gilliam is a machine. Not sure why TT is even playing
  • BlueGoldAg
    That was a fumble...this one is pretty much gone....
  • SoCalAggie
    D played great
  • SoCalAggie
    Offense looked baddddddd
  • Fiat Lux
    This was winnable. Offense left the defense out to dry. Kind of hard to tell if the offense is lacking or Cals "top 15 defense" is doing their thing.
  • madcityscott
    Best trash-talking heard at the stadium:

[Aggies fan to Cal fan]: “Go back to your computer science!”
  • NCagalum
    Not a lot of open throws today. Needed just a few more plays and it might have been different. I thought defense played pretty well. Their running back was the difference. Gravers looked bad.
  • CA Forever
    Well... it wasn't a blowout. That questionable personal foul really turned the tides in this one and then the defense ran out of gas. Forcing a bunch of turnovers was a positive. I don't think that we should be concerned about the offense yet. We weren't really taking shots downfield against their excellent pass defense.
  • movielover
    Because TT is also a stud. We are fortunate to have 2 quality backs.

I think our D misses Trimble and Bland. They battled.

I believe Harrell ran track for us last year and is faster than Doss. ... turnovers, not capitalizing on opportunities.

Two big plays. We marched down the field impressively after the half and had to settle for a field goal. Second, the ball we batted - intercepted. Ugh.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Altogether, this was a respectable showing by the Ags. The defense was on the field a lot and played very well overall. They are much improved over last year. I just hope Cal's D is all they have touted to be because we sputtered on offense. Gilliam was impressive.

I think we will see the offense open up against San Diego. Poly put up 52 on them today. I watched a little bit of that game and Poly scored on 3 long bombs...something Poly usually never does...
  • tokyoag
    Tough loss... although I’m just glad we performed much better than our meeting back in 2010. Plus the Bears kept their starters in the whole game.
  • BlueGoldAg
    We showed that we most definitely belonged on the field with the Bears. Hawk has the Ags on a fast rise!
  • NCagalum
    Whelan looked he hit some real bomb punts. Joe Starkey (can you believe this guy is still announcing) said it was farther than his golf drives. I can believe that.
  • NCagalum
    Do you mean a pass more than 10 yards? A ufo for poly.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Really big bombs: 55 & 60 followed by a 23 yard strike. Poly was up 52-13 before SD scored the last 3 TD's...
  • Kerberos
    love this! Saw him after the game and told him Aggie Nation is proud of him.
  • Zander
    Season-wise we're fine. Even if the offense loses a little from last year we can still win almost any game in which our D holds the opponent to 27 and takes the ball away with regularity.

It's disappointing that we didn't actually win that but we had some tough breaks and the playbook was pretty conservative.
  • MTBAggie
    Exactly. Thanked him for all he does. My son (in the middle, celebrating turning 12 today), was holding his UC Davis hat in his hand. "Hey Doss!" "Oh, now you want to put your hat on... ;-)"
  • agalum
    Lots of positives to take home. D does look improved and I thought their speed is a notch up. Jake was off but give Cal credit. They blitzed him and forced him to throw away several passes. Gilliam remains a real bright spot. I wondered if Thomas was not 100%. Receiver core look tremendous. Big Sky take notice. See ya in SD!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!