• BiZon
    Hey guys, NDSU fan here Long time all the way back from our DII roots

i know its early but anyoe coming out for thegame? PM me if you want to Tailgate Looing forwad to this game
  • BiZon
    sorry there is bad english in that post, on the mobile device sorry
  • BlueGoldAg
    Welcome to the forum, BiZon! I remember well all the great games between the Aggies and the Bison during the DII era and always enjoyed talking with the NDSU fans who would make the trip to Davis for a game.

I think there are several AST forum members who are making the trip to Fargo this year. Unfortunately, my wife and I are currently traveling in Newfoundland so I'm not sure we'll even be able to follow the game on the internet. We're in some pretty remote areas. We'll be the underdog, for sure, but I hope we'll make a game of it. This should become an annual game for these two schools.
  • agalum
    Welcome to AST Bizon. I go back to the Dll playoff days as well. While i try to go to as many away games as possible, i wont make your house for this one. But maybe in the playoffs
  • AggieFinn
    Many strong matchups between the Bison and the Ags, glad to see us matched up again.

I remember a strong runner from Dickinson named Steffes who really ground the Aggies up in Davis back in 2006 I think. Back in the Kays vs. Heckendorf, Walker vs. Grant days...good matchups, and with NDSU straight dominating the FCS and the Aggies on a strong upward trend, it'll be good to see them both on the field again in Fargo.

Was making strong plans with 05 to come out, but the schedules of busy engineers get in the way sometimes. Still have some civil engineering buddies working at Cass County, really wanted to hang out with them during the weekend!
  • BiZon

Kyle Steffes was a good back for sure!
  • SochorField
    I just can't with NDSU yet.......just too early. Its too much.
  • NCagalum
    my wife an I will be at the game. Was going to check into tailgating with AST members but don’t know if any are going. I had to pay double face value to get decent tickets online. May stop by regardless and maybe PM you later.
  • AggieFinn

Let's plan a spot!

I'm coming from the East Bay, can go anywhere in NorCal
  • agalum
    We had some fun watch parties at the grad. Whats left in Davis? Woodstocks?
  • AggieFinn

Maybe, call and ask
  • NCagalum
    Any ASTers going to Fargo? If so, and want to get together, you can Indicate on thread or just go ahead and PM.

By the way, game is on ESPN +. 4.95/month for subscription. Carries a lot of FCS games.
  • AggieFinn
    I'd meet at Bison Turf, not too far from the stadium, kind of like the Fargo Grad.

However, I sadly won't be there, I'll be @ Portland though.
  • NCagalum
    Thanks for the recommendation. Have to check into it.
  • BiZon
    I can help with travel logistics and recommendations if you need
  • BiZon
    definitely checkout the tailgate regardless, it's something every visiting fan raves about, you will not be treated bad

Right now the weather is 80's all the way till thursday then a cold front coming in looking like mid 60s hopefully the rain stays away

Been in a terrible wet cloudy cold pattern lately.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Wish I was making the trip but it wasn’t in the cards. Travel itineraries were rough compared to other road trips in the past. That and family responsibilities now, ha.
  • HighPlainsBison
    Hello Aggies
    Was just wondering how your offensive line is looking? Experience, size? I see that your QB isn't much of a runner, 90 career attempts for -78 yrds., so it could be a tough day for him unless your running game gets going.
    For those of you that are making the trek out to the Fargodome, be sure to take in the tailgating. It's one of the best for sure.
  • CA Forever
    Our offensive line has not been as solid as I was hoping it would be so far this season. Both pass pro and run blocking have not been up to par. You are correct on Maier, he like to stay in the pocket, but can throw on the run if need be. He's pretty much never going to see him take a designed run or scramble however. Our run game hasn't been quite as good as last season, but we do have 2 backs that have the potential to be dangerous on any given Saturday. Wish I could make it out there, but work schedule won't allow that to happen. Here's hoping to an upset victory for the Aggies.
  • AggieFinn
    CA Forever's analysis is a good one.

Our OLine is long and active, and this offense requires them to work all types of pass pro but also to get out in space and block in free space. Davis' run game is predicated on spacing and finding daylight, this is not Ron Gould's run game. You could call it a zone scheme, but it's a different animal. I'd be interested to see if #72 Riley Gallant plays a little more on Saturday. He spot started against some tougher defensive lines in '18, Idaho State, @ Eastern in the playoffs, and opened up some huge holes in he power run game on the edge at RT. Gallant was one of the last Ron Gould guys who stayed with the system after Hawk came on...he's a senior. After the switch, the Aggies currently have 3 senior OL on the roster. I don't think any of them start.

As for Maier, I've been happy with his senior year thus far, he has been a little craftier in the pocket than the previous two years. That being said, he is not Tim Tebow...in the sense of being a pure bread athlete, runner, scrambler...but thankfully he can spin it.
  • DrMike
    i think the line has been pretty solid in pass protection, given the number of passes we are throwing and the pressure we're seeing. but the run game has been disappointing given the experience of the line. i think with the current game (limited practice time, limiting contact) it takes longer to get the timing/combos down for the run game, so hopefully they are making the necessary adjustments. athletic group, and should be bigger and stronger than last year. just surprised so far they haven't been able to exert their will in short yardage (especially at the goal line). puts alot of pressure on the pass game in the redzone and especially right near the goal line.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!