• movielover
    Hornets are 2-1 under Troy Taylor. Played Arizona State tough, 9-0 going into the 4th quarter. Just smashed winless N Colorado 50-0. Rated in the top 10 nationally in several statistical categories in the FCS. About 10 guys caught passes at ASU.

New QB? New recruits? Two weak opponents?

Now come 2 real tests - at Fresno State and EWU (at Sac).
  • Bige70
    They are back, or at least massively improved from where they've been. I think it's much better for UCD if Sac and Poly are doing well. Makes the rivalries a lot more interesting.
  • AggieFinn
    I think they found their scheme and HC. Maybe UNC is horrible. Who Knows.

Arizona State is not scoring a ton of points, but they play gangbusters on defense.
  • DavisAggie
    Their QB can't throw deep.
  • DavisAggie
    It's the same QB and RB, healthy, but kind of a one-trick pony scheme. Take away the dink and dunk. Press coverage. Maybe marginal improvement defensively
  • SloStang
    Looks like they are back.
  • AggieFinn
    Totally back
  • 72Aggie
    Impressive win over EWU. Hope the AD at Cal has Troy Taylor's name and phone number in his 'Contacts.'
  • 69aggie
    Wow. We used to have all the “star” area college coaches/players. Now we are toast. Hawkins, Tucker and Plough (and Maier) not so hot these days. Pre-season way too much vacuous hype. Like my barista likes to say “have a great rest of your week”. UC Davis coaches really need to get a grip on this team or just admit were not very good. Like I said regression to the mean- were we never that good to begin with? I have a problem watching this team play games. Way too stressful. Unforced errors. Bad coaching?
  • Whocares
    Just goes to show that pre- season predictions are worthless, especially with college sports. Assuming someone guessed exactly how well the Aggies would do, what is that worth ? Bragging rights on the internet ? Let's not discount the idea that the Aggies may have rested on their laurels while other teams got better.

I say attend/watch the game for the fun of it. If they lose, whatever. It's not like our jobs depend on it. Our pre- conceived expectations can make what should be fun experiences into unpleasant ones. Just look at how predictions and analytics are ruining Major League Baseball. If I never see another smarmy 20- something message board clown quoting FWAR and BABIP statistics and discounting ERA and RBI like they're experts it will be too soon.
  • 69aggie
    Well ‘W’ me thinks you are about something here. Thats my attempt at my Irish. Aggies not so good me laddie. So sad.
  • movielover
    Sac rolling, only loses to FBS teams.
  • 72Aggie
    Barring a meltdown they are in the playoffs, with a home game and probably a first round bye. Taylor would seem to be a unanimous selection for Big Sky coach of the year.

So yeah, they’re back.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Taylor could be a strong candidate for the Eddie Robinson Coach of the Year Award this year...same award Hawk won last year.
  • movielover
    He could be a candidate to replace the OC at Kal.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Well I was certainly impressed with his creative play calling when they steamrolled Montana. The Griz didn't have a clue as to how to defend the Sac playbook. Taylor also has tremendous connections with schools in the greater Sacramento area and he'll be able to land some great local recruits because of that. I've always felt that Sac is a sleeping giant that just needed the right catalyst to really get them going and Taylor may just be that catalyst.
  • movielover
    Hornet Stadium, at 22,000, could be a sellout for the Causeway Classic. The stands make me squirly.

Kal OC Baldwin makes $570,000 plus bennies. Could Taylor pass up $600,000? Could be a big drop off when his 5th yr senior QB graduates.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Taylor is so established in Sacramento and I think he would love to be the coach that builds the Hornets into an FCS power.
  • movielover
    Two role players.

Heart over height: Two 5’4 receivers make their mark at Sac State

https://statehornet.com/2019/10/heart-over-height-two-54-receivers-make-their-mark-at-sac-state/
  • movielover
    FCS: Postseason Implications Are Huge For No. 3 Weber State At No. 6 Sac State

"Whoever wins between Weber and Sac State is in the driver's seat to round out those Top 4 seeds.

"That's especially true for the Hornets, who finish the season against three unranked foes: at Northern Arizona, at Idaho and against UC Davis."

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-2019-postseason-implications-3-weber-sac-state-bzbz
  • AggieFinn
    @ Flagstaff, @ Moscow then at home against a bitter rival...not easy treading.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!