• BlueGoldAg
    True...but the team that makes the critical plays and has the fewest mistakes usually wins and that proved to be true today...
  • NCagalum
    I though D played great today. Gave the offense all the chances they could ask for. There were some very nervous Bison fans. Got to give credit to the critical defensive plays NDSU made. I know some will criticize Maier, but with noise and all- thought he had a good game. Still don’t know what the called back touchdown was about. That and the 2 4th quarter picks determined the game. Fans were very nice and complimentary of the team.
  • jrbizon
    Fans were very nice and complimentary of the team.NCagalum

You were 20 feet from our spot, sorry we missed you, but we dont have saddles!
  • movielover
    Defense!

Flowers stud game, 7 solo tackles, 9 total, 1 sack.
    Airey 7 tackles.
    Venable - Redshirt Frosh - 6 tackles.
    Devon King -Soph - 6.
    Perryman - Soph - 4.
    Doug Drakeley - War Veteran - 4!
    Jehiel Budgett - Freshman - 2 tackles.

Whelan averaged 55.2 yards per punt.
    NDSU averaged 38 yds per punt, but 2 inside the 20.
  • HighPlainsBison
    Great game for the most part by the Aggies. We haven't seen the Bison on the ropes like that in quite some time and hopefully the injuries your players suffered aren't that serious. Your QB is a stud. Very impressed.
    I have a feeling that these two teams will face each other again. A rematch in Frisco would be sweet.
    Enjoy your team and season.
  • howard in nyc

would be nice, sure hope so.
  • agalum
    Heres your chance to rip the culprit of the band situation on social media
    https://www.facebook.com/13917075214/posts/10161938980075215?sfns=mo
  • movielover
    Harrell had a big game, 12 catches, 102 yards.

True Freshmen Ornelas (WR), Budgett (DB), and Magdalena (DB) saw some action.
  • Riveraggie
    Box score participation show Jordan Ford started at left guard and showed Suani also starting on DL. I think that’s a first for both players
  • Riveraggie
    Any one hear a reason why no audio broadcast from KHTK?
  • movielover
    Good news: one Bison fan said the top performing group on the field was the Aggie O line. Also big props to our kicking game.

The Future: appreciate our D line now, because we have FOUR seniors this year. I'm guessing Cade Peacock is a redshirt. We should be deep at DB and LB.
  • smarterray

Looks like they removed the one comment about the Band-uh.
  • movielover
    I was surprised the Bison didn't have a sellout.
  • BiZon

Many people are still harvesting and behind on construction jobs, which those to industries are a huge chunk of the fanbase

anyway, great game, your boys came to play, impressed with the team and how they carried themselves, no chippy crap between either of them, guys helping each other up ect.. A+ program from my perspective and I sit right on the 45yd behind the visitor bench.

had a few Agg fans stop by our tailgate great people

in that game the way it was it suck but someone had to lose, hope we can see each other again, good luck on the rest of the season.
  • Riveraggie
    “Their defense was much more physical than we anticipated from watching film,” Entz said.
  • agalum
    https://herosports.com/fcs/football-2019-week-four-recap-ndsu-jmu-ucdavis-furman-ajaj

“But earlier this season we saw UC Davis struggle to put away non-scholie San Diego. Well, that apparently was a hiccup ... UC Davis is as legit as we stated in the preseason, and NDSU can be challenged. We saw it today. That "parity" word (the FCS word of 2019, apparently) is still alive and well. “
  • MTBAggie
    Down 1 spot to #5 in the NCAA coaches poll. Not surprising. On to Montana.
  • SochorField
    School starts Wednesday. Pack the student section.
  • CA Forever
    We went up 1 spot in that Athlon poll though so we're still #4/#5
  • MTBAggie
    Stats poll is up now, too. Stayed at #4. So 4/4/5.
  • Riveraggie
    The offensive line certainly had some moments but the second half wasn’t encouraging for our offense as a whole. Pass rush certainly contributed to the frustration. Something to think about: in both the Cal and NDSU games we scored only a field goal in second half.
  • movielover
    Our TD at Berkeley was set up with a TO in the red zone.

And this may be an 'off' year for NDSU ... hit big with graduation and a RFrosh QB.
  • Riveraggie
    I prefer to think NDSU is really good. If they aren’t then one would conclude we slipped from last year and I don’t think that’s the case.
    Cal seems to be better than expected and San Diego beat Harvard which was advertised to have had the best recruiting year in FCS.
    But so far it seems the defense can elevate its game against tough opposition and the offense not so much, if judged by getting touchdowns.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Our defense has certainly improved this year. It was our Achilles heel last year. Coach Tucker has done a great job with our D especially given the loss of talent from graduation at LB. I feel like the offense is coming around more and more. NDSU is big, strong and fast and we still put up 422 yards on them. We lost the game on a couple of penalties and 3 picks. I think we out-coached NDSU also and we'll see more of that in the Big Sky games. Hawk and his coaches won't be out-smarted by anybody. As they say, we're in good hands!
  • movielover
    The Bison are really good! Just maybe not one of their completely dominant teams.

I'll have to look at the numbers. Jury out whether we have the same QB rush. Unfortunately, INTs and penalties count. Just as we can play the 'what if' game, Bison fans are noting their uncharacteristic WR drops, easy passes muffed and move away from their dominant run game.

If we're fortunate, maybe we get a Mulligan in Frisco?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!