• DrMike
    This game is HUGE. Very important to get out to 3-2, with a win in the Big Sky. Can't have a hangover from NDSU. Montana comes in 3-1, averaging about 450 yards. Passing game is lighting it up. Competition, outside of Oregon, hasn't been....stellar. Beat 1-3 South Dakota (who struggled with UNC) 31-17, beat 1-3 North Alabama 61-17, and beat 2-2 Monmouth 47-27. they gave up 474 yards to Monmouth, almost 400 in the air. QB Snead is a solid player, big guy with a big arm and an ability to run. When we got pressure on him last year, we generated a bunch of turnovers and turned that game around FAST! I also think he hurt his shoulder on a strip sack, and we immediately got two INT (pick 6?). they will be breathing fire after last year.

Thankfully the forecast is for 77 (1:00 kickoff), and that's actually up from a few days ago. we might really luck out with the weather!

I hope our health is good after last game, and that our heads are screwed on tight. Need a fast start, and solid defensive pressure.
  • agalum
    We had 3 players go down against ndsu. Hopefully were not too beat up. Jake took a beating. Hes a tough kid, but he must be bruised up from the strong bison pass rush. On the other side, we just couldn't get consistent pressure on ndsu’s QB. Same problem against USD. I thought our secondary is really looking good. Pressure on the qb will get us more turnovers.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Our depth will be tested this week if we're as beat up as it seems.
  • AggieFinn
    Montana has been pretty impressive so far this year.

Week 1: Montana (3-1) 31 - South Dakota (1-3) 17
    Week 2: Montana 61 - North Alabama (1-3) 17
    Week 3: Montana 3 - Oregon (3-1) 35
    Week 4: Montana 47 - Monmouth (N.J.) (2-2) 27

Montana currently 3-1, riding some decent momentum. Scoring a lot of points, obviously Oregon is a different animal.
  • DrMike
    i think we're a different animal than Monmouth of North Alabama, especially at home!
  • movielover
    Will we have the Davis High Band?
  • agalum

I heard “they” hired that drummer band again.
  • movielover
    More money wasted ... all because they refuse to use one common sense Solutions?

- have an interim director from the Music Dept.
    - use an interim director from Campus Rec
    - have an outside 3rd party serve as interim director

They created the problem by being unable to hire a director in time.

And maybe qualified directors want go work in a Music Department, not Campus Rec?
  • DrMike
    can we get BACK to football on the football forum? i'm much more concerned about how we will match up against a very good Montana game, in what i think it a pivotal game for us.
  • Riveraggie
    Anyone have an idea about the status of the players who didn’t play against NDSU? White and Kraft are two whose absence I noticed.
  • AggieFinn
    Glad we get a week to work in the new center. My two cents.
  • CA Forever
    I feel good about this one. Montana will always be a tough opponent, but I like having the home field advantage. I got the Aggies by multiple touchdowns.
  • AggieFinn
    Never underestimate an opponent with a lot to prove. Montana is looking to be BACK. Hauck and Company won't settle for anything less. I think Montana comes in playing fast and inspired. We better be ready to kick it into high gear. Plough and Tuck have hopefully been saving a few things for the Big Sky.
  • SochorField
    After NDSU, I'm looking for an even more confident team.....beginning to expect to win by a healthy margin against TOP teams. Nothing less.

What a difference 2 seasons makes.
  • Riveraggie
    I recommend the Montana press conference video above if you want to feel good about the Aggies. Of course you have to take all the praise with a grain of salt as the smarter coaches blow a lot of smoke.
    This game is too close to call; literally. Sagarin has two tables of predictions for this weeks games using different methodology and they split on who’s favored.
  • DrMike
    Vegas insider has the point spread as us by +5, so pretty darn close game
  • Oldbanduhalum
    By the way, looks like we have grass now on the new practice field!
  • AggieFinn
    During the Griz press conference, sure sounded like Sneed was pissed about the performance last season vs. Davis. Feels like special focus coming from him. He's going to be sharp...gotta get to him.
  • CA Forever
    Special focus or overthinking it? I can't pretend to have the mind of a D1 QB, but letting things fester is almost never a good thing in real life.
  • movielover
    A few random stats, rankings affected by the Ivies only playing 1 week. We could argue that the Ags have played 2 tough teams, the Griz only 1.

Congrats to our young Defensive unit stepping up so quickly!

NCAA FCS Stats

Total Offense
    16. Montana 465.3
    33. UC Davis 433.8

Total Defense
    42. UC Davis 374.5
    88. Montana 446.8

Passing Yds
    6. Maier 1233
    7. Sneed 1214

3rd Down Conversion
    9. Montana .517
    85. UC Davis .338

4th Down Conversion
    24. Montana .667
    39. UC Davis .579

3rd Down Con Defense
    15. Montana .288
    88. UC Davis .443

Red Zone Offense
    80. Montana .750
    96. UC Davis .706

Sacks Allowed
    32. UC Davis 1.25
    75. Montana 2.25

Team Sacks
    25. UC Davis 2.50
    67. Montana 1.50
  • Bige70
    Make no mistake; this is going to be a battle. While I would love to see a blowout, i fully expect this to come down to the wire.
  • Riveraggie
    Their total defensive stat is pretty horrid considering only one premium quality opponent.. They might argue that they’ve faced experienced quarterbacks in their games, that point was made in their press conference.
    Anyway they don’t appear to be that great on D and not as many sacs as UCD.
  • movielover
    I agree, numerically, our D looks better ... but our sack stats were blown up by the Lehigh game. 6 sacks?

I'd hope for a packed house, but it is a 1PM kickoff.
  • movielover
    UCD Team Stats.

Our rushing game, PPG, and 3rd down conversion have taken a hit playing 2 tough opponents.

PPG
    19: 27.00
    18: 39.69

Total Offense
    19: 433.8
    18: 488.9

Passing Ave Game / Ave per Pass
    19: 327 / 7.19
    18: 322 / 7.17

Rushing Ave Game / Ave per Carry
    19: 106.8 / 3.4
    18: 166.1 / 4.8

Conversion Rate 3rd / 4th Down
    19: 34% / 58%
    18: 43% / 62%
  • Riveraggie
    yep, even against Lehigh we went for it on fourth down so many times because we didn’t get it in three. Offense not really at its potential yet this year.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!