• BlueGoldAg
    I can't imagine that there's a football player anywhere that wouldn't want to play for a coach like Hawk. As fans, we often fluctuate up and down with our emotions and evaluations of how the team is playing. Hawk just tries to keep the team focused on learning from the previous game, getting better and moving on to the next opponent. No tantrums and blame. He looks for the positives and just as he says, "We just want to be the best version of ourselves that we can be." Awesome...
  • Riveraggie
    I think it would be possible to continue the journey, but with a little more sense of urgency. I hope he’s having some blame with his staff, they’re letting him down. That was a pivotal game for the season, and we didn’t seem to be prepared first half.
  • BlueGoldAg
    There's a lot of football left this season. We could just as easily be 4-2 as
    2-4 but for some mistakes. I'm sure the team and the coaching staff is disappointed with the record but I wouldn't count this team out of the playoff picture just yet. Very tough schedule this year against a lot of good teams. Hopefully, we will turn it around in the second half of the season.
  • movielover
    Any idea what happened to our run game? We have size and depth on the line, and 2 solid backs. Too predictable?
  • BlueGoldAg
    I think Thomas has been banged up and playing hurt. We haven't seen him at his best much this year so far.
  • Riveraggie
    I think that’s right. We are too thin at running back, who knows how beat up Gilliam is, carrying most the load. I think not having more running backs we have confidence in leads to not calling run plays. Teams need to practice the skills to be good at them; if you don’t run much you’re not good at it when you need it.
  • movielover
    Not sure what is typical, but compared to North Dakota we carry 1 more WR, 1 more TE, and 2 more QBs.
  • Riveraggie
    We were pretty much down to Thomas and Gilliam after last year, added one NLI signee, Figuroa. We converted a wide receiver, he’s our #3 running back. Everyone behind Thomas and Gilliam is unproven and apparently the coaches are not ready to give them a try. It’s not how many are on the roster it’s more a question of how many are useable this season.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Coaches Poll Week 6

RANK SCHOOL RECORD POINTS PREVIOUS

1 North Dakota State (26) 5-0 650 1
    2 James Madison 5-1 621 2
    3 South Dakota State 4-1 598 3
    4 Kennesaw State 4-1 548 4
    5 Weber State 3-2 536 5
    6 Montana State 5-1 508 7
    7 Villanova 6-0 506 8
    8 Montana 5-1 480 9
    9 Towson 3-2 406 T-10
    10 Northern Iowa 3-2 392 13
    11 Furman 4-2 380 14
    12 Nicholls 3-2 345 15
    13 Illinois State 3-2 340 6
    14 North Carolina A&T 4-1 329 16
    15 Delaware 3-2 243 18
    16 Central Arkansas 3-2 231 T-10
    17 Youngstown State 4-1 210 17
    18 Jacksonville State 4-2 191 20
    19 Princeton 3-0 146 23
    20 Maine 2-3 130 22
    21 UC Davis 2-4 114 12
    22 Southeast Missouri State 3-2 103 T-25
    23 Stony Brook 4-2 93 24
    24 Sam Houston State 4-2 57 NR
    25 Southeastern Louisiana 3-2 55 19

Dropped Out: Eastern Washington (21), Houston Baptist (25t)

Others Receiving Votes: North Dakota, 50; Sacramento St., 42; Yale, 30; Dartmouth, 26; South Carolina St., 22; Austin Peay, 18; Houston Baptist, 16; Tennessee Tech, 14;Eastern Washington, 5; Wofford, 4; Cal Poly, 3; New Hampshire, 3; Campbell, 2; Central Connecticut St., 1; Idaho, 1; UIW 1
  • BlueGoldAg
    I think we can put the done chain (borrowing that from Pardon my Take) on Eastern Washington and UC Davis. They are definitely not going to make the playoffs, but holy cow, will they even finish in the top half of the league? For two teams that started the season in the top 5 and getting even first place votes, how have they fallen out of the playoffs by week six? Eastern is transitioning quarterbacks, I get it. But they’ve been pretty plug and play at that position for quite a few years, now all of a sudden they have a power outage. And UC Davis, the weapons are there. Maybe terrible coaching follows Dan Hawkins?

http://thefcswedge.com/big-sky-conference/big-sky-quad-shot-week-6/
  • Riveraggie
    Yeah right, I’m sure the QB transition is Eastern’s problem.
  • cpalum
    Hi Aggies...I'm headed up top Davis this weekend to catch the game with my son. He is applying to colleges next year and his first choices are Cal Poly and UC Davis. Any recommendations for a good lunch spot in Davis to watch some football where dad can drink a beer or two? He'd like to get a feel for the town.

Looking forward to the game.
  • movielover
    Woodstocks downtown is a hip kinda college place. Check out online pics. Walk downtown for an hour or two, get some coffee, ice cream, etc.
  • movielover
    Unseen redshirt Facey also in a boot. Small but built.
  • MTBAggie
    Those were my top two choices as well. It might as well have been a coin flip. Both are great schools. We rarely visit Davis, but when we do, my son really likes Burgers and Brew. I can't remember if they have a tv or not (don't think so), but the food is good, and they've had excellent beers on tap every time we've visited. It's the complete opposite side of campus from the stadium. But if you're up for some walking, you can take a tour of the campus.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Vitos has good NY pizza, beer and several TVs.
  • cpalum
    Thanks everyone, much appreciated. I’d love to see him go to either school. Both would be a fantastic education and great place to spend a few years.
  • 69aggie
    Bad Big Sky hit on the Hawk: “Bad coaching seems to follow him”. I disagree, but this is not looking too good for the Ags. Better turn this thing around NOW. I am not optimistic for this next game. But hopeful.
  • AggieFinn
    Good audio now!

• True Blue Aggie
    Reposting from "Other Sports" -

NEW CA GEAR FOR SALE!! Limited time only (online store closes on 10/17). Get your “sideline” CA gear while you can.

https://big.four51ordercloud.com/adidas/catalog/university-of-california-davis-football
  • AggieFinn

I don't have the secret password
  • AggieFinn
    Oh my God they're listening. buy now.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Just need some jerseys now.
  • True Blue Aggie
    damn. Thought I had that worked out. Sorry but I see the ucdavisaggie05 reposted Rocko’s tweet.
  • movielover
    Had to share an amazing interception. Never seen this before!

https://twitter.com/m_susi25/status/1178720044299063296?s=20
  • SoCalAggie
    How are we still ranked....
  • lucche
    It looks like a forward lateral after the first guy catches it and plays it back to his defensive guy.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!