• BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies 9 game road trip finally ends tonight when they travel to Flagstaff to play the Lumberjacks of Northern Arizona at in the Joseph C Rolle Activity Center (1,210). The Ags have playing some pretty good basketball in their loses to Cal and Utah so they should be hungry for a win as the loses keep adding up. The all-time series is tied at 3-3. The Aggies won the last matchup 73-56 in the Pavilion last year.

Live stream from the Big Sky via Pluto TV and Scott Marsh will have the radio PBP on Money 105.5 FM Sacramento at 5 pm PT.

Go Ags!
  • Oldbanduhalum
    We really need a win tonight. No more moral victories, no more playing well for half the game, no more searching for those bright moments. We need to come out with energy on defense and plenty of ball movement on offense for a full 40 mins. Neufeld won't have to deal with a bunch of Pac-12 bigs like he did the last two games, so hopefully he'll be a reliable scorer. But when he is double teamed, he needs to quickly get the ball out and the guards have to finish. NoAz hasn't played many games but they do have a nice win over South Dakota, and they are favored by 6. Let's go Ags!
  • Firefan17
    Couldn't agree more, we've shown flashes the past two games but now it's time to put it together for a full 40 minutes. If we can finally have a game with multiple guys having good shooting nights that would certainly go a long was to bringing home the win. At this point, it's time to dig down deep and find a way to scratch this one out any way possible! Go get 'em Ags!
  • DrMike
    Pepper was vastly improved in the Pac12 games last week. Getting Squire back will help. I'm hoping we see Printup who missed both games last week, after a really solid game at Portland.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I've been waiting for Pepper to get in the groove. He has a beautiful looking jump shot and he has the confidence to take it (which you don't always see in freshman).
  • agalum
    3s dropping for the Ags. They already look better then the last game I watched. Hope they can play a complete game.
  • agalum
    PS, local commentator is calling a good game.
  • Firefan17
    I'm loving the start, it makes such a difference to not have to try and dig out of a big hole the entire game. Keep the momentum going and don't look back!
  • agalum
    Ags getting turnovers but not capitalizing on them
  • agalum
    NAU comes back to tie it up at half, 36-36
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Rough ending to the half. We need to tighten up the perimeter defense. Feels like this will be a close one the whole way
  • agalum
    Mooney on fire
  • agalum
    71-53 Ags, 6 to go
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Joe has just been crazy. Career high31. Great defense in the second half. This is exactly what we needed
  • agalum
    Ags win 85-56, Mooney 35 points
  • BlueGoldAg
    Just what the doctor ordered: a solid game all around. Defense was great in the second half and Joe caught fire too. Mooney scored 35 and 31 came on 11 of 13 shooting in the second half. NAU only scored 30 in the second half so Joe outscored them by 1. Gonzalez was hot in the first half and scored 17.

When Joe and Gonzo get it going from deep we can be a dangerous team especially when the team is playing good defense. I'm looking forward to Northern Illinois on Saturday.
  • DrMike
    That was pretty impressive. NAU are no world beaters but a 20 point win on the road (LONG road trip) is pretty sweet. Money and Gonzo look like completely different players than they did at Golden 1. Lots of contributions from many players.

Looking forward to being at the Rec Hall Saturday. Hope they get a decent turnout
  • Oldbanduhalum
    No Gerhke tonight. Didn’t see him on the bench so he most have stayed home. Hopefully not a serious injury
  • DrMike
    Koehler is another player who is starting to come around. I thought he looked overwhelmed v Sac, but he’s really settled the last 3 games.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Koehler is improving with each game and we need his contributions in the paint. He's been doing a nice job defending bigs and rebounding. Now he's beginning to show more finesse on offense with some nice moves under the basket and a nice mid-range jumper.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    As the Aggies don't normally blow people out, I was curious the last time we had at least a 19 point win against a D1 team. Well, you have to go back to the 17-18 season (24 point win over CP). It was weird watching an Aggie game and feeling we pretty much had it in the bag the last 10 minutes or so. Even when we win, it seems like things are tight at the end.

It sure would be nice to follow up this win with another against NIU. They are 6-2, but really haven't beaten anyone of note. They play St. Mary's, though, on Thursday before heading to Davis.

Go Ags!
  • BlueGoldAg
    I found myself wondering if we would fade down the stretch last night even though we were maintaining a double digit lead. Every time we would make a TO or they would hit a couple of buckets and chip away at the lead, I would start to get that uneasy feeling. I've practically forgotten what it is like to win convincingly. I hope we can keep it going on Saturday.
  • DrMike
    Mooney’s 35 is the most by an Aggie since Corey Hawkins had 40 at Hawaii. 31 in a half has to be the greatest half ever by an Ag. That’s crazy output!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Joe lit it up in the second half last night and Gonzalez did the same in the first half. Both of them can be streaky when they get it going. We've been missing that kind of offense for a long time so it was really refreshing to see them play like that.

The biggest thing I noticed was that they were taking their shots with confidence and without hesitation and both of them were hitting shots that were challenged. Gonzalez has a very quick release and can hit the 3 while falling slightly away so he's hard to defend. Joe tends to lean into his shot a bit more so he usually needs a bit more space. He's good making a nice jab step and then pulling up and Les gives him the green light to fire away from Steph Curry range. When he does that it reminds me of those very deep, rainbow 3's that Tyler Les used to knock down. I love it when we our 3 balls are raining down.
  • Zander
    forgot about that legendary Hawaii game. The crazy thing was that was before Hawkins became a legendary 3-pt shooter, if I remember correctly
  • DrMike
    northridge win was a surprise given their record and how Portland handled us
  • DrMike
    says he had eight 3’s and was 13-13 from FT line. He was special
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Yeah if CSUN gets their big star back (Diane is not eligible, yet...haven't seen if he'll be available once the new quarter/semester starts), they'll be tough.
  • BlueGoldAg
    CSUN is so athletic even without Lamine Diane in the lineup. We have to make defense the staple of our game like Les preaches because we don't always match the overall length, quickness and athleticism of many of the Big West teams like CSUN. We have to take away their edge in athleticism by slowing them down and making it frustrating for them offensively. Of course, Diane is the kind of player who can create scoring opportunities even when he is defended well.
  • Toke69
    Yeah, I was at that game. What a night. It was not just Corey Hawkins who lit it up. Ryan Sypkens and Josh Ritchart hit a combined 5 for 11 to supplement Corey's 8 for 9. (Not doing this from memory, I have the box score on ESPN, but I vividly recall how it felt.)) As I recall, the Ags came out early and buried a bunch of treys quieting the usually loud Hawaii fans and earning me some glares as I was not only cheering but wearing my UCD shirt. At what point some fans behind me said "What's an Aggie anyway?" I could not resist turning around and answering him: "It's short for Agricultural." Sadly, I've only seen the Aggies win once here since then.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!