• BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies head to Flagstaff, Arizona, to play the Lumberjacks of Northern Arizona in the first of 4 straight road games. This is only the second meeting ever between these two teams with the Aggies winning the first match 68-52 back on November 7, 2007.

Live stream by Pluto TV from the Big Sky and Greg Wong will provide the radio PxP call on KDVS 90.3 FM.

Go Ags!
  • BlueGoldAg
    As they have so many times this season the Ags have dug themselves a hole early and trail 20-11 at the end of the first quarter. A porous defense has allowed the Lumberjacks to shoot 57%.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Sending NAU to the line way too much, as well. 36-34 with 1:15 left in the first half.
  • Russ Bowlus
    10 turnovers already in the game for the Aggies--Coach will have something to say about that at halftime, I imagine.
  • BlueGoldAg
    39-37 NAU at the half.
  • Russ Bowlus
    37-39 at half. Aggies limited NAU to zero FGs over the last 4 or so minutes of the half (until a last second three). Unfortunately, NAU made a living at the foul line (in addition to the last minute three).
  • Russ Bowlus
    Good signs: 9 steals by the defense, and holding their own on the boards.

Bad signs: allowing 55% shooting and the Aggie's leading scorer is Trpcic.
  • Russ Bowlus
    48-41 Aggies at the 3Q media timeout.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Allowing two points in the first half of a quarter is ok defense.
  • Russ Bowlus
    53-45 after three. Davis defense allowed 6 points in the quarter--not bad!

Finish it out, Aggies!
  • Russ Bowlus
    I'm watching the score tracker, not the broadcast: does Davis have a significant mismatch in the post right now? Seems like they're vacuuming up a ton of rebounds.
  • Russ Bowlus
    66-50 with 5:22 left. Aggie offense got hot, and the defense is still doing well.
  • Russ Bowlus
    66-55 with 2:40 left. UCD takes a timeout to recombobulate the offense.
  • Russ Bowlus
    68-55 with 0:41 left. Aggies have 18 turnovers, but are still in the game because they've forced 19 on defense.
  • Russ Bowlus
    NAU hits a three out of the timeout: 68-58, 28 secs left.
  • Russ Bowlus
    NAU fouling now. Hall makes one and misses one; NAU gets the rebound and calls timeout. 69-58 with 11 secs left.
  • Russ Bowlus
    NAU hits a three to make it 69-61. UCD gets the inbounds pass in; NAU fouls immediately.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Konrad makes both.
  • Russ Bowlus
    71-61 final.

Leading Aggie scorer ended up being Bessolo (15). Leading rebounder was Stobbart (8).

Weird game from Trpcic: 13 pts, "only" 4 assists, 6 turnovers (!), but 4 steals.

Third quarter was the "money" quarter as far as setting the tone for the 2nd half. 16-6 score in that quarter!
  • Russ Bowlus
    Interesting to note that the only Aggie to not score in the game was Song. Gibb had a nice 4pts, 4 rebounds, and 2 assists in only 8 minutes.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Thanks for the updates Russ. I checked in a little just to see how things were going. Good solid road win for the Ags. Obvious need to take care of the ball better but this is a good way to go into finals week
  • BlueGoldAg
    Second half defense and 3 point shooting by the Ags was the difference in this game. Tough road schedule ahead: at Minnesota, Pepperdine and Stanford...yikes...
  • 69aggie
    At some point do teams have to declare who they are redshirting? To my knowledge we have not, but Jones and Lily have not seen any action that I am aware of. Without them on the floor, I don't see how we can stack up well against these next 3 teams who are very big and physical. We also need to work on dealing with the full court press better. Last year we had no fear of the press and beat it regularly. This year not so much. Trpcic is a good ball handler but we are just seem not quick enough yet to deal with it well at this point. But overall, a very good effort at NAU. The team is improving very quickly.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!