• CA Forever
    Just as I post this OL Adrian Tejada signs! GO AGS!
  • CA Forever
    LB Mike Walters has signed! GO AGS!
  • CA Forever
    DL Princeton Toki has signed! GO AGS!
  • agalum
    FB has been lit up with posts and video clips of our recruits. Ward reminds of Ulonzo the way he dodges tacklers. Looks like a great group of recruits. Looking forward to hearing coach discuss it tonight.
  • CA Forever
    Seems like another offense heavy class. It'll be interesting to see what coach has planned for Larison as he legitimately just signed as an athlete and not any specific position. He played dual threat quarterback in high school. Maybe used as a wildcat rotation player, coach tried that before with Spencer.
  • CA Forever
    Another good thing! It looks like Cloyd's PWO year at Oregon State didn't count towards his eligibility. He will enter Davis as a freshman.
  • Riveraggie
    Larison “ won a state championship in steer wrestling prior to his senior year” so should be a pretty good tackler.
  • DrMike
    and he will thrive in the Tecero aroma on those warm fall nights!
  • quadshock
    So I'm not good with recruiting news... Is this a better class than past years? Must have a lot of faith in the younger guys on defense
  • CA Forever
    I believe it's way too early to say if this class is "better" than the last several classes, but I think there are unique opportunities for a lot of players in this class. With Preece and Hyman graduating, TE spots are up for grabs and Castles and Ambagstheer at least in terms of ratings are some of the highest profile athletes we've gotten at Davis. Gale is no slouch either looking at his highlights. It's tough to tell who has a legitimate shot as being impact as a freshman, but I'm never shocked with Hawk at the helm.

If anyone is going to the event tonight, be sure to tell us everything Hawk has to say although I'm sure he will be reasonably tight lipped as he always is.
  • DrMike
    I’m sure he won’t tip his hand too much. I will try to ask about DL since we lost a lot and only signed a couple. Position changes? Redshirts?
  • movielover
    Maybe Aggie NFL tight end Daniel Fells helped, and a pass happy offense.
  • CA Forever
    Official Release

No surprises at the end of the day. We knew Sarac was a PWO so wouldn't be included which only leaves Bains. He's either also a PWO or just chose to not sign today. He's still liking Davis news from today on twitter so I think that we still end up with him.
  • Riveraggie
    There are good athletes but a third of them are tight ends or QBs; positions where we have some underclass depth already.
    There seems to be a pattern of adding only one or two defensive linemen a year, that’s not something you can get away with for long. It appears only one DL this year, Toki is recruited as an OL.
  • CA Forever
    We got Masui and Toki on DL. Toki's announcement tweet on the Davis Football twitter account says DL for Toki.
  • CA Forever
    But I agree... We need to have a class where we put some serious effort in on defense. We can't just have class after class of just receivers.
  • blueforce
    I think a lot of the TEs are recruited for athleticism & size. Don't be surprised to see conversions to OL/DL.
  • Riveraggie
    I’ll be surprised if any of the TEs become offensive linemen. Something in the water at Davis seems to prevent offensive linemen from adding weight. Colton Lamson was the one exception to this observation.
  • CA Forever
    DL Jack Schultz commits to Abilene Christian
  • movielover
    Agreed. QB obviously critical. 5 LBs? ... DL Cade Peacock redshirted. Maybe we can land a Juco or transfer DL. Go Ags!

I'm surprised Coach Tucker hasn't dipped back into LAVC or SoCal Jucos.
  • DrMike
    might be worth asking if they expect any signings after today.
  • Riveraggie
    I bet they do, there’s gold to be found. I think some players are hoping for an offer from their favorite school, which might not pan out.
  • Bige70
    I think rating high school players is highly subjective, and tend to be skeptical. But, for what it's worth Hero Sports rates our 2019 recruiting class as #48 in the country https://herosports.com/fcs/football-2019-recruiting-top-50-fcs-teams-rankings-ajaj compared to our 2018 class, which Hero Sports ranked # 17.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Outside of the obvious, 5 star, blue chip players the ratings don't mean much. It will be interesting though to see how they rate this 2020 class.
  • BlueGoldAg
    You've gotta love watching the highlights of OL Princeton Toki 5'11 330. He moves pretty good for his size and just pancakes a few unfortunate defenders...

• CA Forever
    I would take HERO's rankings with a grain of salt. I believe that a factor in determining strength of class was the size of the class. I'm a proponent of quality over quantity. We already have had several members of last seasons class contribute. I mean... Nick Eaton is going to be a MONSTER.
  • CA Forever
    Tongiaki Mateialona commits to Nevada
  • movielover
    And imagine for our defense ...

Top tackler LB Montell Bland back.
    LB Cam Trimble back.
    DE Cade Peacock plays.

RB Tehran Thomas back.
    RB Facey back.
    WR Kraft back.
    WR Carson Crawford back.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!