• BlueGoldAg
    The Aggie head west to the bay for their 3rd straight WCC foe when they tangle with USF tomorrow at 2 pm in the War Memorial at the Sobrato Center. The Dons are off to a great start and will be a very tough challenge for the Ags on the road. USF leads the all-time series 8-1 and they thumped the Aggies 76-42 in the Pavilion last year. The only time the Ags have beaten the Dons was 80 years ago by a score of 45-30 in the 1939-40 season. Time to make it 8-2...

Live stream from the West Coast Conference and Scott Marsh will call the radio PxP on KHTK 1140 am at 2 pm.

Go Ags!
  • MTBAggie
    Game day. I'll be there in my UCD gear with my wife in her USF gear. Go Ags!
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Have fun! I was hoping to make it there today but too many family obligations. Go Ags!
  • MTBAggie
    Let's do this Ags!
  • DrMike
    Up 15-6 at the 12 time out. As good a start as we could hope for
  • MTBAggie
    And... tie game.snuztfrplsb274m2.jpg
  • DrMike
    Dons end half on 19-4 run to take 4 point lead. Missed most of that; what happened?
  • BlueGoldAg
    We came out with good energy and great defense and went up by 12 in the first 12 minutes. Then we lost focus, turned the ball over and the Dons took advantage of the TO's and scored in transition. We are also have big problems with their interior size.

The bullcrap foul on Koehler while they were shooting FT's didn't help things as they made a FT, then got to shoot more FT's, got the rebound on a miss and scored a 3...5 point play.... The replay showed the USF player fell on his won...really bad call.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Fouls are going to be a problem for us in the second half trying to defend their bigs: Koehler has 3, Neufeld 2 and Pepper 2.
  • DrMike
    Lose 93-84: tons of offense with both teams shooting around 50%. That big run before the half was the story. Couldn’t get enough stops in second half, especially down the stretch
  • movielover
    What's the deal with the giant Sobrato sign? Shielding a thousand empty seats as local bball support lags?
  • BlueGoldAg
    We played really good defense in the first 15 minutes of the game but couldn't sustain it and couldn't get stops in the second half when we needed them. You can't beat many teams when they score 93 points.

There were 3 pivotal moments in the game that really hurt the Ags too. The first was a terrible foul call on Koehler as he was blocking out on a USF FT. The replay showed that the USF player simply fell on his own. That gave the Don's 2 one and ones in a row. They missed the second FT on the second foul, got the rebound and hit a 3 which equaled a 5 point play. The second was the technical foul on Les which ended up with USF scoring hitting 2 FT's and then a 3 for another 5 point possession. Lastly, was Koehler picking up his 4th foul and then mouthing off and got his 5th foul with a technical which resulted in more FT's for the Dons. Those plays accounted for 10 points.

On the upside: Manjon broke out of his shooting slump and scored 20 points on 8-11 shooting. The Ags also continued to shoot well from the FT line and were 22-24 today which is outstanding. Joe had his fourth 20 point game by scoring 22 today. We never quit and played hard all the way to the buzzer.

Note: I'm not sure if they counted Manjon's 3 at the buzzer or not...Scott Marsh said they corrected the score and counted it but it's not showing up on the official box. I it was good...then the final was 93-87.
  • MTBAggie
    Awesome game. For you football fans, research Bob St. Clair and the 51 Dons; an old family friend. It was nice to say hi to my old buddy, Nosek, and cheer on both teams.
    Time for a night with old friends in SF. 6hty5mkm3l46ker7.jpg
    m7ahgj8b6ata45dk.jpg
  • BlueGoldAg
    Great city...have fun tonight!
  • DrMike
    Gino Marchetti is from Antioch and a family friend . He was on that team. Hall of Famer, NFL 100 team. Great team.

Good to see Manjon back on his game. We need to get Mooney going in the first half; tends to be pretty quiet in the first 20.

The Les T and 3 was a killer; gave them separation we couldn’t make up.
  • MTBAggie
    I know the name well, and think I met him when they dedicated the field at Kezar Stadium to St. Clair (he played HS, college and NFL football at Kezar).
  • BlueGoldAg
    Unfortunately, Gonzalez couldn't get his 3's to drop today when we got close. He had a couple that went half way down and then popped back out.
  • movielover
    Where does Gino live now?

Prices jumped in the city w the $15 an hour minimum wage & health insurance surtax.
  • MTBAggie
    Tonga room, where my grandparents use to party.
  • BlueGoldAg
    That's wild...never been there...can you go for a dip?
  • DrMike
    Gino passed away earlier this year back in Maryland. YouTube him some time. That guy was a terror
  • MTBAggie
    For $500. I know a guy who paid that bill...
  • DrMike
    they had 4 guys on the 50 team in the NFL hall of fame (Ollie Matson and Dick Stanfel besides Gino and St. Clair). That’s gotta be a record
  • MTBAggie
    Dont forget Burl Toler (sp?). his grandson is a coach at Cal, and I think coached at ucd for a brief period.
  • movielover
    Legendary, never been. Was going to close but TV food reviewer Anthony Bourdain and claimed it the "greatest place in the history of the world". Reborn.

https://youtu.be/ac_9B6nWJHk
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!