• BlueGoldAg
    Click the image below to enlarge:

fqxte2hwee9xis31.png

See the entire All Big Sky Team selections and awards here:

https://ucdavisaggies.com/documents/2019/11/26//2019_All_Big_Sky_FB.pdf
  • AggieFinn
    How did Wes Preece get second team? Maybe I am in the minority, but I thought his game largely disappeared the last month of the season.
    @ Sac - Zero catches, in fact two drops
    vs Montana State - Three catches for 30 yds, no TDs
    vs. Weber State - Two catches for 18 yds, no TDs
    vs. Montana - 4 catches for 47 yds, no TDs

Best Game vs. a pseudo Big Sky opponent @ North Dakota where Preece caught 5 balls for 68 yds and 3 TDs...and of course, had that huge TD catch in Fargo (what a highlight to leave Davis with!) I know you have to block as well, but with #87 looking to be all-world down the field too, you'd want better performances in the bigger games...especially at home. Was this a playcalling thing? Did #15 stop throwing him the ball on a regular basis?

Back to Back freshmen of the year, we have played a lot of youth, now have to mold another contender in 2020. Congrats to King, the guy can really play.
  • movielover
    OL Ford supplanted Parks garnering accolades? Awesome for a freshman.
  • Riveraggie
    Our one offensive lineman to get any recognition was Jordan Ford, who just earned a spot in the lineup mid-season ? Was he better than the others?
  • movielover
    We struggled with the run game, but how about this stat from The Missoulian.

"BOZEMAN — UC Davis’ offensive line has allowed just 13 sacks this season, tied for second-fewest in the Big Sky Conference and an impressive number considering how many times star quarterback Jake Maier drops back to throw in a given game...."
  • DrMike
    Preece might be a career achievement award. And if he had big games last year v the 3 teams we didn’t play this year, that might have carried over. I also think teams game planned against him which keeps his name in coaches’ head.

7 returning all Big Sky players. 8 if you count Parks. 9 if Brand is counted. Lots coming back( of course, same was true THIS year). There’s a lot of talent in the program and lots more coming.
  • movielover

No word on what our young QBs look like?
  • AggieFinn

They can both move better than Maier.
  • movielover

Hunter Rodriquez - Soph, 6'0", 180
    Brock Johnson - Junior, 6'2", 200

Gunner Faulk - RFrosh, 6'1", 195
    Trent Tompkins - Frosh, 6'0", 200
    Miles Hastings - Frosh, 6'1", 180

2020 Signee

Grant Harper *** - 6'2", 200

[Edited]
  • CA Forever
    No matter who ends up getting the job, they will have big shoes to fill.
  • Riveraggie
    Gunnor’s put on some weight since high school, roster lists him at 195 both this year and last.
    I imagine there will be an open competition, I hope they pick the right guy.
  • agalum

Great highlights Finn, thanks and happy new year!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!