• fugawe09
    UC Davis Magazine is moving to a paid model if you want the print edition. A couple years ago they cut it from 4x per year to 2x and gutted the content. Now it will now cost you $12/yr if you want those two issues due to “budget cuts.”

Kind of too bad. I know everything is online these days, but there is a unique property that print is permanent and a revisionist can’t edit a story or picture out 10 years from now when it doesn’t meet that era’s definition of correctness. Probably the death kiss for this publication as I question if they will have a sustainable paid base. So much for this particular “benefit” of my “lifetime membership” in CAAA.

Somewhat concerned about blaming budget cuts — I was under the impression things were comparatively well funded right now.
  • zythe
    Where is all of the money going to?

I would also love to have a print publication that was published more than twice a year.
  • fugawe09
    they aren’t real specific other than saying they are doing everything to keep the cost low ($6 per issue is low?). The magazine is published by the Mrak Strategic Communication office and the money will be collected by the bookstore. I’d venture soft costs exceed printing and postage. I’m guessing current distribution at about 40,000 but I’d be surprised to see more than 5,000 pay their $12 through the bookstore’s barely functional website.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!