• Russ Bowlus
    Anyone know what the story is behind the 11am womens' game next week (Thursday)?
  • DrMike
    That does look weird. If you go to tickets, that game isn’t listed . It shows that time in multiple locations (including Fullerton’s website). Weird
  • Russ Bowlus
    My seventh grader is going to it (with his math class, of all things)... Maybe a bunch of other school kids too?
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I seem to remember the Ags playing a midweek day game on the road (last season maybe) that was full of kids. Maybe trying to do the same thing
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Field trip day. Free entry.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Today's Enterprise article notes that the Aggies need to catch a plane to HI right after the the Thursday game.
  • abridge
    I think that’s not correct. Jen told us the fly out early on Friday. There are no afternoon flights out of Sacramento to Honolulu.
  • 69aggie
    Just a question: do the red shirts travel on all road trips?
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I don’t believe so. There may be exceptions but the times I’ve seen them on the road I don’t see the redshirts.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    Do our MBB and WBB teams take commercial flights to Hawaii? Do they fly to any other opponents? I've asked this question before, but FB I imagine flies to every game besides Sac, CP, or any CA/Reno FBS games? Does FB have charted flights due to team size?
  • AggieOutcast
    The midweek afternoon game (OK, technically it's late morning) UC Davis' women's team will be playing this Thursday is promoted as a field trip game. Chico State's satellite campus in Sacramento has been doing this type of game for the past three years. The adult fans are still able to buy tickets to the game, so they won't be shut out. The idea is to invite local school children to attend a game with their teachers and/or parents. The WNBA came up with the idea first. I went to a Monarchs game in 2005 (the year they won the WNBA Championship) that was played at 11 a.m. on a Thursday. So this set up is one I am familiar with and I think it's a great idea to help the women's basketball team connect with their younger fanbase.
  • DrMike
    football charters almost exclusively (they flew commercial to Ssm Diego last year because it was much cheaper). Pretty sure they bus to Poly (and Sac of course), fly to the other Big Sky teams.
  • abridge
    the teams fly commercial to all big west venues save the coast trip where they bus. I assume they’ll fly to a San Diego and bus to Bakersfield next year. The women took a bus to Stanford for NCAA and, I assume whenever they play there.
  • Russ Bowlus
    The latest Day Before the Game Half Court Shot (DBGHCS) photos on posted on UCD WBB twitter include Nina making one. Maybe she isn't out for the year? :chin:
  • Russ Bowlus
    My wife is at the game (chaperoning a Jr. High class) and says Nina is warming up, but with a brace.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Well that’s interesting. Hope she can get back into shape to contribute at the BWT.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Davis is super cold on offense and getting out rebounded. Down by 7 with half the fourth left to go.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Aggies lose by 10. Stobbart with another double double, but the Davis defense couldn't do anything about Fullerton's two scorers.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I watched a bit of the game. We missed half a dozen layups (some contested but several wide open). Sounds like that was a trend throughout the game. Too bad that we couldn't capitalize on all the youthful energy in the Pavillion.

This makes Saturday's game at Hawaii a big one.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!