• DrMike
    That 3 by Gonzo was huge
  • DrMike
    Fun night. Good crowd, lots of energy
  • BlueGoldAg
    Nice crowd for both games today. Jen Gross has really got a great program going.

We had lots of trouble stopping LB's athletic bigs in the paint but our 3's kept us out in front until we collapsed against their press. It was agonizing to see The Beach take the lead after we made TO after TO in the final 4 minutes. Gonzo's crunch time 3 was a thing of beauty. I'm surprised when he misses anymore. Joe got it going too and that was nice to see. I hope Neufeld is able to suit up against Hawaii next Thursday. It would be a shame if he misses his last home game.

Irvine was running all over SB the last time I checked. It looks like they may run the table right into the BW Tournament and they'll be big favorites to win that too.
  • Toke69
    I watched the second half of the Hawaii game to see what the Ags might expect this Thursday and i hope they can expect the same terrible shooting performance, because Hawaii lost badly to an inferior UCR team. Their two big scorers, Buggs and Stansberry, shot a sickly 4 for 22. I think they said it was the lowest point total (43) of the season. It is hard to explain. Their earlier problems this season were due to injuries to two key layers, Brandon Da Silva and Samuta Avea, although their absence did not prevent them from beating UC Davis 4 weeks ago. If they can't figure out the problem, Ags will win Thursday, but I suspect that they will figure it out and give us a tough battle.
  • DrMike
    Still a log jam at the top. I think UCSB will win their two home games. Win over Hawai’i ‘should’ give us a 3 seed. Should be an interesting week
    Attachment
    462490D8-FF49-455A-B72F-E177048F39FE (1M)
  • DrMike
    I looked at the play by play after I got back to the hotel and I believe I counted 7 turnovers in the last 4 minutes! That’s a 70 turnover pace! I bet they scored on at least 6 of those.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The last 4 minutes was brutal to watch...we escaped with a W....
  • DrMike
    I was sitting in the north end with AgAlum and we were dumbfounded. I went to the bathroom and missed about 30 seconds of play.......3 turnovers and 6 points off the lead!
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies need to get ready for teams to press us relentlessly in tight games. Teams with the athleticism and length of LB will give us fits. I could barely believe what I was seeing. We just kept making mistake after mistake: trying to dribble through double and triple teams, inbounding the ball to a player trapped in the corner, the ball handler pulling up the dribble and then making an awkward, lazy pass, players watching instead of going hard to the ball handler to get open...to say we were rattled is an understatement!

You hav to credit LB though also. They were double and triple teaming the ball and yet seemed to have all the passing lanes cut off at the same time. When there's a double or triple team, someone has to be open but we would get trapped and they would make it real difficult to see the floor. We've got some work to do on the press this week for sure.
  • DrMike
    I didn’t like our break alignment with Koehler at the ‘point’ at their free throw line. They let him catch it and he’d pass back to a guard and tended to stand in place. They’d either trap at the baseline or force a double team at the Koehler logjam. If he could handle the bell, he could have spun and brought the ball up the middle and opened up lanes. We were a little limited then since Squire fouled out. You’d think a small lineup gives us a quickness advantage to break the press, but length and quickness eliminated space in a hurry
  • abridge
    Here are some photos from Saturday's Long Beach @ UC Davis game:

Photos from CSU Long Beach at UC Davis basketball game
  • DrMike
    nice pics, as usual. i love the last one of Koehler's intention miss. that thing has ZERO arc on it. looks like a free throw of mine from my old high school days!
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!