• DrMike
    I saw on a FCS Facebook page that Kevin Thomson is in the Transfer portal. There was a post saying:

Sacramento State coach Troy Taylor on QB Kevin Thomson entering NCAA transfer portal: “Kevin Thomson has decided to explore other opportunities at the FBS level. Kevin is a great kid and was a huge part of our success last season. We wish him nothing but success in his future.”

That’s shocking
  • NewGuy
    Much better shot at the pros from the FBS level.
  • DrMike
    I get that. He must have something lined up if he’s entering this late. I would think his injury record would be a red flag to pro teams
  • 69aggie
    Sac picked for #4 in the FCS by Hero’s basically due to Thompson. I guess thats gone now. The guy is just amazing. If he has to wait another year does that mean he’s been a college QB for 7 years? One point: why didn’t the Hawk get him?\
  • 69aggie
    Follow: sometimes there are good Hawks and bad Hawks. Some feed their chicks and some that don' . I am very glad we have one of the former species here with us now. But I am truly sad for Troy Taylor who is by all accounts a good guy to have this happen to his team. We had it with a RB Recently and we will have it in the future. Crazy times indeed.
  • DrMike
    it does seem like he’s betting on no 2020 season and coming back in 2021. Unless he has a FBS school lined up already. Timing is so strange.
  • CA Forever
    That's a big loss of Sac. With Sac and Davis losing starting QBs and Poly with a whole new system it seems all the California teams are up in the air.
  • AggieFinn
    Senior year transfers, rarely works out but can't say I'm not happy as an Aggie fan...and breaking in a new QB. Should be wide open in California FCS, San Diego could sneak ahead for a year.
  • 72Aggie
    A couple of threads on the Slack State site:

On Thomson rumors:
    https://www.bigskyfans.com/hornets/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3705

On Taylor and Thomson rumors:
    https://www.bigskyfans.com/hornets/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3525
  • 69aggie
    Wow. A lot of rumor, speculation and down right fear at sac over this thing. However this works out, sac will feel the impact as a team. Even if KT stays it will never be the same team. The speculation over TT also leaving is at borderline hysteria levels at sac. If TT gets an offer he will leave sac. That is a fact contract or no contract.
  • DavisAggie
    Never impressed me with his arm, it was always his running
  • CA Forever
    Thomson commits to University of Washington and is likely a 1 year starter. The other QBs on the Huskies roster are freshmen and sophomores.
  • DrMike
    Good luck to him. I have a hard time seeing him get through a pac 12 season healthy
  • 69aggie
    How can Thompson transfer w/o sitting a year when our new MBB transfer from San Jose st. Has to sit out? Totally confused about the new ransfer rules!
  • SloStang
    He is a Grad Transfer.
  • Fiat Lux
    Thomson is a grad transfer. Because he graduated he is free to play wherever he wants. Our new MBB transfer is a junior transfer. He would need an NCAA waiver to be able to play right away.

Also he is about to turn 25... 7 years removed from high school. I don’t know how he got so many years of eligibility.
  • DrMike
    redshirt, medical redshirt, sat a year, and 4 seasons. I guess you don’t lose any eligibility when you move down.

IF the season were postponed, would he come back for year 8?
  • 69aggie
    Ridiculous. Per NCAA stats- most “grad transfers” never finish their “graduate degree” and quit after their season ends. Pathetic NCAA on these rules. Really. Is Thompson actually going for s degree or just messing with the rules?
  • fugawe09
    I don't want to speak for Thomson, because perhaps he is qualified and intends to complete a grad degree. But to illustrate your point 69, I had a football grad transfer in some masters classes when I was in school. The dude had crickets for brains and it was an open secret that the dean had directed the professors to give him B- grades. It was unfortunate that he took a seat from a bona fide applicant and it was insulting that the university thought my program was "easy enough" to hide a meat head in. And he did in fact disappear after the requisite bowl game.
  • 69aggie
    I have my strong doubts that if Chris Peterson were still at Washington this would not be happening. Rather ironic that an Aggie might have kept Thompson at sac.
  • GoAggies
    UW scheduled to play Sac St this year. O_O
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!