• BlueGoldAg
    NAU's 4th string QB takes them right down the field on a 99 yard drive...
  • Toke69
    But they took 7 minutes to do it.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I get that but our defense got pushed around at NAU's will.
  • cmt
    Yeah, if you care about potentially winning the conference then you want EWU to win. Playoff seeding I’m not sure it matters all that much.
  • CA Forever
    Overly conservative offense... Gross.
  • BlueGoldAg
    This game is far from over!
  • CA Forever
    Defense comes up with 2 big sacks
  • Idaho Aggie
    Defense made him look like a true freshman.
  • CA Forever
    Kind of annoyed with the last couple of offensive drives. Not saying we have to be taking deep shots, but we're not even going for 1st downs.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    MSU wins. We'll need them to lose to Montana which is of course plausible. I'm so sick of Sac State's weak schedule though.
  • agalum
    EWU is going to be looking for blood
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    They were going to be pumped regardless given the recent history but this was probably the battle for the top slot though Sac could get it by only beating Davis.
  • cmt
    Not much different than ours in 2018. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don’t.

In 2019 they played the teams that finished 3, 4 and 6 in the rankings plus EWU.
  • agalum
    Proud of our guys considering the elevation. Good win, we needed it.
  • Riveraggie
    Anyone else’s stream buffering continually in this quarter? Probably my local carrier.
  • agalum

Mine was solid - i use the wave
  • CA Forever
    Happy with the win, but have to say that there could have been a very different outcome if their QB doesn't go down with an injury. We weren't stopping him.
  • Toke69
    Two big ones coming up. Ags control their own destiny.
  • DrMike
    I think we had 485 yards in first 3 quarters; 15 in the fourth. Seems like we lose our edge when we slow it down that much that early.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Good job for the Ags taking care of business even though it wasn't pretty at times. There were two big turning points in the game IMO: NAU losing their first 2 QB's and TT's 54 yard TD run 2 minutes into the first quarter.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Poly at Sac at 6 pm. Go Mustangs!!
  • agalum
    We went conservative towards the end of the third. Need to keep the throttle on.
  • CA Forever
    Yeah, not a huge fan. Like I said, I'm not asking for Hastings to be slinging the ball 50 yards down field but we weren't even trying to get 1st downs anymore. Seemed perfectly content with 3 and outs even when NAU gave us the ball on their own 20.
  • movielover
    Three-four big plays. Deep strikes by Hastings stretch the field.

Hastings 24-36, 2 TDs, 279 yards, passer rating 150.1.

Ten WR caught passes, big night for Harrell, 5 for 78 yds.
  • Riveraggie
    The offense outperformed the defense this week, NAU only stopped by QB injuries. Even their4th string guy led them 96 yards.
    We didn’t have much success in the red zone, but that was contributed to by some questionable officiating
  • CA Forever
    Another topic to note is our defense's complete lack of ability to zone in on mobile QBs. If a QB displays simply non-zero athleticism we're gonna let him run all over us. It's gonna get us killed against Eastern.
  • DrMike
    i thought the defense slowed them down a bit after that first quick TD drive. seems like we adapted a bit, blitzed more, and got pressure on the two QB's. they had 200 yards or so at the half, after 75 in the 1st 3 minutes. Martinez was going to be a load, but the injury was on a sack. it felt like when we shut things down on offense, that kind of seeped over the defense. plus, we were in the prevent mode, so giving up a 97 yard drive over 7 minutes seemed like a good tradeoff.

offense pretty played with a swagger for 3 quarters. Hastings looked confident. the running game wasn't its normal self, especially against a defense that hasn't been great, but was picking up steam in the 3rd Quarter. i know we played the precentages that the backup QB wouldn't come back from 3 scores...BUT....getting THAT conservative with clock and play calling really takes the energy from the team.
  • movielover
    Six (6) sacks, a lot had to be on backup QBs. Hansen (9), Buchanan (8) and Trimble (6) lead the way in tackles.

Oline again a concern. Not sure about our caution challenging big plays in the endzone (2?).

We must have confidence in MH arm bc he was going deep early and often.

Great result. Special teams 100% better.
  • Riveraggie
    The pass rushers cannot allow themselves to run past the QB. They have to contain. I think they were starting to realize that he left the game.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    True, but at least the Aggies play a tougher schedule than Kenny that year.
    I loved seeing Sac lose to Peay the next year. Could have damaged recruiting had they won.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!