• Zander
    9100 tickets distributed sounds about right. There were a lot of people in concession lines, hanging out in the scoreboard shade, etc. There actually was very limited availability when buying tickets for some friends Sat midday, even in sections where it looked 1/3 empty in the stands.

Also I'm wondering if a lot of students ordered "just in case" tickets to kinda just swoop in and out of the game / maybe some bailed due to the heat at kickoff. I did see some students looked like they were dressed for the game walking AWAY at the beginning, and a friend at UCD told me they actually missed the game because it was the first one with the non-7PM start
  • agalum

We used to have a person checking tickets in front of each section in the team aggie zone.
  • Zander
    I think there might be a bit of a perception problem that the security team would need to address if their main job is seen as checking tickets and making people pour out beverages at the gates, and not actually breaking up rowdiness
  • Zander
    Anyway, overall game thoughts is remarkably zero complaints. the 1s cruised even with Tompkins out.

I know we can debate whether or now we should run any trick plays in a game where the outcome was decided the 1st quarter, but that particular trick play was super interesting because it was Hastings running something approximating the unbalanced 2-pt package that Tompkins usually runs. That lateral to LL is something Tompkins has the arm to easily do -- and of course we know he's a perfectly fine receiving threat too -- so I think the goal of that play was to force future opponents to prepare for yet another wrinkle in that package. Larison also looked at one point like has going to cut inside and run it.

Oh and speaking of extra points, it looks great that Gomez is dialed in. 8/8 on PATs if I counted right.
  • movielover
    How did our young QBs look? (Dixon and Harper)

Glad to see Faulk also saw the field.
  • 69aggie
    Anyway to see the replay?
  • Riveraggie
    I wish Tompkins had shown more of an ability to throw on the run. Could Tompkins have made that pass while running? Probably but I’m not sure.
    When Tompkins is back and taking the wildcat direct snap and Hastings is moved to receiver, they’ll have to cover Hastings.
  • Riveraggie
    it’s on ESPN+, if you have that.
  • agalum
    Gilliam appears to be more effective taking the wildcat snap than Thompkins. BTW, Thompkins was on the sidelines but not suited up. I know he had an ankle issue a few games ago, but returned after that. Anyone know what his status is?
  • AggieFinn2
    The security at any sporting event reminds me of this one episode of the Simpsons. When Marge goes to the police station for help Chief Wigham (sp?) tells her that law enforcement is powerless to help her. At some point later Wigham arrests Marge who reminds him of what he said. Wigham says he said the law was POWERLESS TO HELP HER, not arrest her. Security at sporting events is by and large pretty useless. If you go to complain about someone you get "Well, they're not bothering anyone, uh duh.." as if you are no one. But you step out of line in the slightest way and they'll be on you like zits on those students. Basically security can't really do much aside from call the police but they like to try to project power by selectively exerting crowd control on people they think will be pushovers.

I don't donate enough to be a Team Aggie member I think so please excuse my ignorance on the subject-this seating section was reserved for people to purchase tickets if they donated at a certain level or higher? They didn't get the tickets for free, right? Honestly any kind of exclusive seating is a big invitation to intruders. Students especially go around as if their crap doesn't stink doing whatever they want. Being smart enough to get into UCD doesn't make someone a good person necessarily. We were all that age at one time- remember how the much older students in classes or townie at the games kind of seemed like iparty crashers? And their activities fee does pay for a good part of each event, so they wouldn't be completely wrong to say they are more important than us visiitors, except for the alumni who donate lots of money that is. If that older spectator put his hand on a student that was crossing the line-he should have gone to security right away if it was truly a problem.

The nature of football, particularly the tackling and hitting, makes it more accessible to lowbrow types who want to engage in boorish behavior. Look at WWE and NASCAR. I think it's extremely wishful thinking to imagine you can go to a sporting event and not be bothered by something these days. There's not a collective desire among all the attendees to enjoy the game and be courteous to others. It's why I like college baseball- except for the elite programs it's mostly open seating and you can easily get away from someone who's bothering you-important because security wouldn't do anything anyway. If I remember my last Aggie football game correctly even if the cheapest seats your butt is assigned a very specific (and too small) spot on the bench. You're trapped, unless plenty of people don't show up and you can grab their seats.
  • DavisAggie
    Hastings is getting to be quite accurate. A few dropped passes.
    Larison seems like he grew; both he and UG seem faster this year
    room for improvement in linebacker corp
    happy with D-line and O-line
  • AggieFinn
    The optics on the highlights were getting comments from friends out of state.
  • DavisAggie
    the Larison pass to Hastings was genius. Larsion could have run that in himself
  • Toke69
    Thanks. I called the UNCD Box Office and they told me that the seats were only for the family and friends of the players. It was worth a shot.
1234Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!