• BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies put their 9 game winning streak on the line today at 2 pm when Hawai'i visits the Pavilion. The Ags have won 15 of their last 16 games and Hawai'i is responsible for the only loss.

The Rainbow Wahine beat the Aggies on the island back on January 12th. A 4th quarter collapse by the Aggies allowed Hawai'i to come from behind and win the game. Since then the Ags have reeled off 9 straight and are currently sitting in first place in the Big West by 2.5 games over CSUN.

As typical, Hawai'i is strong and physical and they'll use their strength to try and control the pace and keep the game a low scoring affair. The Aggies have had an unusual 9 day layoff after their last game and, hopefully, will be rested and ready to go rather than feeling sluggish after a long break from action.

Live online stream from Big West TV at 2 pm: http://www.bigwest.org/tv/

Go Ags!
  • Russ Bowlus
    20-7 after one. Aggie defense limited HI to 3-10 shooting.

Ka.Eaton leading the Aggie scorers with 9.
  • Russ Bowlus
    34-17 at half. Aggie defense working hard; very tough, active man-to-man, and HI is having trouble getting anything resembling a clear shot.

Davis is 8-11 from deep. :cool:

Aggie O needs to work on not forcing the entry pass. Bertsch and Ka.Eaton lead Aggie offense with 9 each.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Three TOs in s row from forcing a pass into the post. C'mon ladies!
  • Russ Bowlus
    HI comes out hot and brings the deficit down to 8 by the media time out. Aggie offense looks discombobulated.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Really poor basketball in the first 4 minutes of the 3rd quarter by the Ags. TO's and poor shots...
  • Russ Bowlus
    51-36 after three. After a back and forth quarter, HI closes the gap by two.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Stats feed is frozen at halftime. Both Eatons had at least one three, and Morgan had four or five points in the quarter, I think.
  • DrMike
    I guess a 25-point win could be considered payback? Women are rolling
  • Russ Bowlus
    21-10 in the final quarter--no let down this game!
  • Russ Bowlus
    Some stats highlights:
    Hawaii shot 60% in the 4th quarter--that sounds bad, except they only took 5 shots and made 3. Davis went 7-13 in the 4th.

Davis finished 13-21 from three-point range.

Bertsch (20), Ko.Eaton (12), Ka.Eaton (16), and Bessolo (12) all in double figures.

10 TO for the Aggies to 21 for Hawaii. 20 pts off TOs for Davis.

13-16 from teh free-throw line--like that.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Ha, they included the last basket, which McKeown scored off a steal with less than a second left.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Karly Eaton was 5-6 from 3 and Kourtney Eaton was 4-6 from 3. 9-12 for the twins is pretty darn good and 62% 3 point shooting as a team will win you some games.
  • 69aggie
    You gotta love those Eaton twins! If the Eaton parents aren’t having a glass of great Washington State wine tonight for their great kids I don’t know what else to say. Great win by the Eaton twins and others!
  • Russ Bowlus

Kourtney was feeling it.
  • Zander
    Karley coming into her own as a force on the court feels so huge for the depth on this team. Morgan and the twins all having great seasons at the same time must be the stuff of nightmares for Big West coaches trying to prep for our games.

A big unrelated, but I was very encouraged by an alumni mixer I went to on Saturday, where the CAA staff present told everyone in no uncertain terms how amazing the women's team has been and how we all needed to get to a game to see Morgan play before she graduates.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The official attendance for the Hawai'i game was 934 which is pretty good and the fans were very supportive and vocal. They have a solid backing of fans especially from the community.
  • 69aggie
    Interesting note that Hawaii played without their leading scorer Mekena Woodfolk. She has quit the team. Reason: she’s pregnant. Which is actually a pretty good reason. Hopefully she can come back next season. She’s very good!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!