• BlueGoldAg
    I gained a lot of respect for Russ Turner after reading this article. He owned up to his mistake, took a deep, introspective look into himself, claimed his responsibility and learned from it. Then he did the right thing and made amends while taking steps to educate others from what he learned. God knows we could use more of that kind of honesty and personal reflection in our culture today. Thank you Coach Turner...

https://www.outsports.com/2019/9/11/20853538/russell-turner-uc-irvine-basketball-coach-gay-sexism-misogyny-apology-queen-comment
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Thanks for sharing this article BGA. Very interesting reading.
  • 69aggie
    OK article, but I do not think that a coach at any level should get involved in trying to “psych” the other team out no matter what words are used. Just coach the game already! It certainly didn’t work in this game at all. I also doubt that the Eaters fans are all that pleased with Coach Turners admitted glee after the game for getting a possible new HC position at “a major program.” i really don’t see any upside for this coach after this incident. But I do not know this man so I am not qualified to judge him.
  • MTBAggie
    This was my thought exactly. There are two separate issues going on, and the article only focused on the issue most relevant to current events. I'm surprised the kid didn't punch the coach in the face during the middle of the game. Let your coaching do the talking.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I hear both of you and I don't fully disagree. What he did was, quite frankly, immature, stupid and very short sighted in every respect. What I admire is that he looked owned up, looked deeply inside, learned and made amends. It's seems that that is not that common anymore in this day and age coming from people in important, leadership positions. He took responsibly and showed his players and even those he offended the most how to own up, tell the truth and make amends. That tells me a lot about who he is as a human being and his players will respect him for that. I know that I do.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!