• AggieFinn
    So far this season I'd say there are a handful of teams that are really impressing with their performances thus far. Naturally, they're atop the rankings but sometimes teams get hot, sometimes quarterbacks get hot and are riding momentum late in the year.

NDSU, Towson, Furman, UC Davis, South Dakota State, Villanova, James Madison and Illinois State all look strong. These League games that are firing up are going to tell us who can win consistently and who will struggle. Health will play a big factor of course, as well as schedule and home games remaining. Like a lot of FCS teams at the top, there tends to be more home games middle to late in the year with the early FBS matchups.

JMU-at-WVU.jpeg?resize=2560%2C1440&ssl=1

Football_VT_2ndHalf_28.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&mode=crop&format=jpg&quality=80

jea-4980-Gopher-South-Dakota-State-1.jpg?w=620

DeBoer_Villa_9_21.jpg
  • BlueGoldAg
    I'm glad we're back in the mix!
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    I think Sac State has a contender too.
  • agalum
    “I think Sac State has a contender too.”
    Hopefully just a xxx dream. They play EW on 10/5. Ill be in Texas, otherwise i’d go to that game.
  • zythe
    Have fun in Texas. I love Texas!
  • agalum

Me too. My wife would move there in a heart beat. She has a long history there, with 3 family members fighting on both sides of the Alamo.
  • movielover
    A relative recently bought a 5 bedroom, 3 bath in Kalleen, Texas, in the officers neighborhood - Harker Heights. $210,000?
  • AggieFinn
    Top FCS team in Texas right now? Sam Houston State?
  • zythe
    I went there a month ago for the first time. Fell in love with Austin and north San Antonio. That’s the way to live life: beautiful area, great food, great bars, great people, and a ton of outside activities.

I’m seriously thinking why I’m still in California.
  • agalum

Follow 6th mans lead . I like that area as well, but summers are miserable.
  • zythe
    How come he stopped posting?
  • agalum

I’m just guessing, but he has a young family, new job, etc. But I've been texting him pictures of our tailgate and some group photos at away games.
  • 69aggie
    Drove thru with grandkids last summer. Areas great, but I personally did not like sitting in the Macs for lunch with guy next to us carrying a big Glock 9mm hanging on his belt. People do NOT like anyone from CA.
  • Riveraggie
    What are those states California is boycotting ? Any correlation with how people like Californians?
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    California isn't boycotting Oregon, and Orgonians hate Californians. I lived there for three years and everyone always threw in a California joke (myself included at times). Washingtonians don't hate Californians because half of the population here is from CA anyway.

My sister moved to Richardson, TX to be closer to her boyfriend and she is having a blast there.
  • Riveraggie
    Oregon is anti California because they’re anti growth, but how come we see all those Oregon fans with the big O signs on their windows living down here?
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    I always thought it was weird, but there are a lot of Bay and Sac area kids who end up going to UO for college. My small prep school (maybe 100ish students when i was there) had 2-4 kids going to U of Oregon for every year I was there.
  • Riveraggie
    Going to Oregon is a good choice I’d you can’t get into Davis.
    Maybe they hate us because we’re egotistical.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    That may be true. UO is still a very good school, but it's kind of funny how in Oregon, OSU is considered the more serious science school. OSU is more like Davis.

The joke on many Cal boards is that UO is really the University of California, at Eugene. Certainly true. ESP in that stretc about 5+ yrs ago when UC accepted a large number of out of state and international students at the expense of qualified in-state residents.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!