• AggieFinn
    It's late, but needed.

What say you? Where is UC Davis Football at?

Suppose we manage to go 7-5...is that playoff worthy? Does it depend on the fashion of the wins if so?

BRING ON THE VIKINGS.
  • agalum
    Winning season at this point and beat J street tech.
  • AggieFinn
    Again, audio of champions.

• BlueGoldAg
    According to the Massey ratings we have the 3rd strongest SOS in the FCS this year and we finish with Sac who has the #1 SOS. There will be a bunch of teams who will get in the playoffs because they have a better overall record from playing a much weaker schedule. We should be selected if we win out and go 7-5. However, I don't think we will get selected if that happens simply because it's rare for a 7-5 team to get in regardless of have tough their schedule has been. We're terribly beat up and playing for Pride now.
  • AggieFinn
    Massey can suck a tailpipe...we're losing football games and it shows to the country.
  • movielover
    Get some rest. Recoup. Beat Portland.

The following 2 games are a whole different ballgame. Hopefully we can nab one of the two. No understatement that we need to improve our offensive play calling.

Did Sun Tzu ever have to go to war when actually depleted?
  • agalum

Love Hawk but every week it’s the same message, clean up penalties, clean up turn-overs, coach better, etc.
  • AggieFinn
    Our depth has been tested all year, and clearly we look young and thin when we're stretched out like we have been. I just hope all the experience we're getting across the board is going to benefit us next season.
  • movielover
    Hopefully. Having Kraft and Thomas redshirt would be a bonus. We should be vastly deeper at LB, but then we lose FIVE D and 2 O linemen.

Given our rocky season, few reps for QB#2 and #3. That's the wildcard. A mobile QB adds multiple options.

San Jose State no slouch next year.
  • DrMike
    i think what he said in his opening about how proud he was of the fight of the players, and how they responded to having to play different roles is his way of saying 'we are REALLY beat up at many key positions'. hope we can get some bodies back healthy during the next two weeks.
  • agalum

Yes, i know he doesn’t try to put blame on injuries. The money games don't help. At this point most teams are banged up. But someone on the Weber boards said they were healthy overall. I think we are all disappointed in this season. Hopefully its a building year. Go into next season unrated and not have everyone gunning for us.
  • movielover
    Some numbers.

Offense - PPG / YPG

2016 - 28.18, 393.5 (Coach Gould)
    2017 - 33.64, 484.7 (Coach Hawkins, Yr 1)
    2018 - 39.69, 488.9
    2019 - 29.44, 424.6

Defense - Pts Allowed, Sacks

2016 - 37.09, 16
    2017 - 32.18, 18
    2018 - 27.38, 16
    2019 - 30.00, 11 (4 non-Lehigh)

Cursory review of penalties showed a 59-61 YPG average under Hawkins, and 53.55 YPG Gould's last year. Seems a non factor.
  • agalum

Thanks for that. Lets hope we can get at least 2 of the 3 remaining games.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I hoping we will spoil Sac's party. It doesn't appear likely on paper but I have a feeling that the Ags will be a big underdog and very inspired.
  • Riveraggie
    Maybe the excessively high expectations would have been tempered if the school and media covering the team had not hidden the fact that a key linebacker was academically ineligible.
    Lack of success in recruiting running backs has not enabled the overcoming of injury to one of our two proven backs.
    Th Aggies aren’t as physical as Weber was In 2017 and 2019 and Eastern Washington was last year and aren't making apparent progress in that area.
  • movielover
    Out of the gate we were down 2 top linebackers, but I believe most schools don't highlight that for various understandable reasons.

A potential #3 RB also out for the year injured.
  • DrMike
    i don't think any program should ever announce an academically ineligible player.
  • Riveraggie
    Having a story about the linebackers and reporting what a great job the ineligible player was doing as a leader but not revealing he was ineligible was a little beyond not highlighting his ineligibility. It was deceptive.
  • AggieFinn
    Looking ahead to Portland State, does anybody have a line as to where the Davis folks are sitting? Gotta get a couple of tickets.

Playing this game out in Hillsboro, which quite frankly, sucks. The downtown Portland setting was always something to look forward to.
  • agalum

Just asked Dr Mike same question. They are GA
  • AggieFinn

Away we go...to Hillsboro.

3esc8d.jpg
  • DrMike
    also, if a student-athlete is using summer sessions to become eligible, those courses pretty late in the summer.
  • Riveraggie
    When a program produced article on August 15th refers to a sophomore as
    “Coach **** “ one suspects they knew.
    I get not making a news release about it, but how about just leaving him out of the season preview article?
    The school didn’t do the kid any favors by letting the information become public via the Cal football coverage on the week of our game.
  • movielover
    PSU hoping for a miracle donor so they can partner w / a downtown high school planning a major campus upgrade. To expand from a HS field to a joint HS- PSU stadium would cost ... $65 Million.
  • AggieFinn

That's gotta be Lincoln High...who have contrasting colors with red and white. Maybe they're working something out with Wilson HS, green and white there.

OregonLive Story

It’s the stuff high school football in Texas would pull off without blinking. In fact, two years ago the Katy Independent School District built a $70.3 million stadium – the most expensive high school football stadium in its state. It sold the naming rights to the 20,000-seat venue for $2.5 million.

That feels like it belongs on another planet.

Both PSU and Lincoln High are located on prime downtown Portland real estate. If Portland State’s campus were deep in the suburbs, the construction costs and finding a footprint to build on would be significantly less expensive.

4VNVSOVUARDQRJSDL3RQ6E6FVQ.jpg
    Pic Location: Katy, TX

I hate to be the stater of the obvious, but those berms would have to be turf...not natural grass, would be a mud pit come November.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Awesome video. Every potential recruit should be sent a link to it.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment