• BlueGoldAg
    The second place Matadors of CSUN come to Davis for a 5 pm game today. This is the second game of a double-header with the Aggie women playing Irvine in the opener at 2:30 pm. The Ags defeated CSUN 66-62 in their first meeting in Northridge back on January 18th.

Live stream from Big West TV and the radio PxP from Scott Marsh on KHTK 1140 AM at 5 pm.

Go Ags!

c77e8cfmu18j18o0.png
  • Toke69
    BlueGoldAg, BigWestTV is currently listing the wrong opponent, UCI for today. I hope that's just a major typo.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Probably is a typo.
  • DrMike
    Live stats link is broken. Dreaded 404 message and it shows Utah logo (baseball). I guess it’s ESPN tracker
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Clumsy game so far. Ags down 12-13 at 11:39 left
  • agalum
    Ags going now, good hustle, 24-15 7 in the half
  • Toke69
    I rely on ESPN for game stats. Ags hitting 62.5% from 3.
  • agalum
    Mooney hitting nba 3s
  • agalum
    47-41 Ags at the half
  • Toke69
    Aggie "bench" has 35 of their points. Too bad the passing has been so sloppy. Defense could also be better, but you have to like the way the lads hustle and pound the boards. No way they should be out-rebounding CSUN, but they are. That, plus Mooney and Gonzalez are keeping them in this game.
  • agalum
    80-66 Ags, 9 left
  • quadshock
    Loving the cuts to the basket. I am only able to tune into BigWest.tv for like 15 min but for a small ball lineup they're rebounding really well, and doing a good job of drawing fouls.
  • quadshock
    Ags are raining 3s
  • quadshock
    Sheesh are they really going to drop 100+ in a conference game against #2?
  • quadshock
    Just close out... these sloppy passes
  • DrMike
    Our FT shooting Is ridiculously good
  • movielover
    Scoring record?
  • Toke69
    If Hawaii can get back their form earlier this season, they can beat UCI and make the Big West a close race. Ags would be third and in good position for a higher seed in the tournament. But what's best is that they seem to be playing their best ball now.
  • DrMike
    If we have a 5 point lead with 2:00 to go in any game, we win. Free throw shooting is incredible. Small ball is great for offense. Might catch up to us defensively. Win the rebound battle again
  • Toke69
    I've always thought that rebounding was only a little about height. "Want to" and getting position are worth a lot more. These Aggies are a really good example of that. They almost have a sixth sense of where the ball is going and swarm to it. This is the second straight game without Neufeld where they outrebounded a taller, more athletic front line.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Couldn’t ask for a better Saturday sweep! And for you 49er fans I’m pretty sure I sat behind Arik Armstead. Not sure why he was there but maybe some connection to Csun
  • abridge
    That was, indeed, Armstead sitting in the stands near the Band.
  • abridge
    This was a huge game for the Ags. It looks like Jim Les has found the style of play that match his players. The intensity is clearly at a different level.

Meanwhile Cal Poly and Fullerton are starting the third OT.

Big West might not be the highest ranked conference but we sure are entertaining!
  • Oldbanduhalum
    csuf wins it in the fourth OT. Hawaii and Irvine on espn2 now. A couple of weeks ago I was a little worried we might be fighting for the last few spots in the BW, now we might be in second if Hawaii wins tonight. Weird year.
  • quadshock
    I'm very amused that the no one in the 4OT game outscored the Ags tonight
  • agalum
    Proud of the fellas tonight, but dont forget csun dropped 98 on us. We kept them inthe 60s last game.
  • BlueGoldAg
    It seems like this team has found a chemistry on offense that has them putting up big numbers. We will still depend on defense first because there will be games ahead when the shots aren't falling like they have been recently. It's nice to know that the Ags can win a shootout as well as a defensive struggle.

I was able to watch the game up to the when we had scored 70 points and there was still 8 minutes to go or so before we had to head out to see Paula Poundstone. I told my wife that we were headed for 100 points.

We sure would have liked to have been at the games today but Paula Poundstone had the audience laughing hysterically. The Ags win both games and Paula Poundstone made us laugh until we had tears in our eyes. It was a very good day!
  • quadshock
    And just like that, 2nd in standings
  • DrMike
    looking ahead, we have the central coast trip (hope for a split, I think USCB will adapt to our small lineup), LBSU (we don’t seem to lose doubleheader’s) and Hawaii (tough home finale) at home and Riverside on the road. 4-1 would be incredible and put us in 2nd. I think 3 wins is more likely, which should be a top 3 finish.

BlueGoldAg I’ll see your Poundstone and rise you a Travis Tritt solo show. Two plus hours of great songs and lots of funny stories. If you have not been to the Bob Hope (Fox) theatre in Stockton, see a show there. Great old Art Deco theatre. Cool place to see one of the famous ‘class of 89’ .
  • ucdboyd
    Fun day with junior- took the train to Davis, ate in downtown, played catch while walking thru campus, and great game watching the Ags dropping 3's and putting up a record 110 points. Wish there could have been a few more fans at the Pavillion. But I guess I'm part of the problem- only going to 1 or 2 games a year.

Strange seeing Gottfried and Harrick coaching at Northridge, and first time seeing Diane in person. Dude was impressive, wonder if he gets a shot in NBA. I happened to catch a pic of one of his many alley oops
    9337cfmat8ck1m8g.jpg
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!