• tokyoag
    ...are 3-0. Dodged that bullet.
  • Zander
    3-0 San Jose State beating SDSU with a backup QB wasn't on my 2020-21 bingo card :(
  • 72Aggie
    Anybody have Indiana beating Penn State in overtime on the road?
  • DrMike
    Spartans look legit, especially on defense. Stopped two good run teams, and solid vs the pass. New QB is legit and they have receivers.

Nevada has benefited from an easy schedule (Utah state and UNLV are bad), and beat an ok Wyoming in OT. But they are 3-0

After I wrote this, Utah State fired their coach
  • 72Aggie
    ...and Indiana beat Michigan today, 38-21. Indiana the Beast of the East? (Though to be fair, the Hoosiers have a lot more experience playing in front of small crowds.)
  • BlueGoldAg
    Indiana's 38-21 win over Michigan was the first time the Hoosiers beat the Wolverines in 33 years. As an Indiana native, I can tell you that it was a crying shame that a big crowd wasn't there to see that game. They would have stormed the field and then celebrated in the streets long after the game was over.
  • DrMike
    Hoosiers are legit. QB is a really good player. I always root for them in football
  • 72Aggie
    San Jose State had a heck of a season, defeating Boise State in the MWC championship game.
  • Zander
    Feel-good story of the year. Had a huge championship drought, had to relocate several times, dealt with multiple cancelled games, and just put their heads down and persevered. (Think they had 0 program COVID cases throughout the whole season too.)
  • movielover
    Wow, what a year for the Spartans... and fans locked out.

The QB again stands out - Nick Starkel, a graduate transfer from Arkansas, led them?
  • Zander
    He was a starter at A&M too before transfering, it's a really remarkable career.

Worth noting they won the SDSU game with a backup QB. They also had the conference DPOY. I have no idea how SJSU built this kind of roster after seemingly having nothing going for them.
  • movielover
    Odds are slim they keep their coach. He'll be offered BIG money.
  • Zander
    Yep. Commentators mentioned during the Boise/SJSU game that both coaches are getting chatter for the Arizona job.

I remember when UCD beat them the SJSU fans were complaining that Brennan was a terrific, charismatic guy but they didn't like his results. Well, now he has the results so I imagine ADs are drooling over what kind of talent he can bring in with major recruiting budgets
  • DrMike
    the past two seasons they lost a bunch of games by less than 5 points so they were getting closer. This year, the defense made a HUGE step up, while the offense was solid. They have a lot coming back (QB loss is big). Brennan has some ties to Arizona so that makes him a possible.
  • 72Aggie
    "Commentators mentioned during the Boise/SJSU game that both coaches are getting chatter for the Arizona job."

BSU coach taking Auburn job. https://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/college/mountain-west/boise-state-university/boise-state-football/article248041120.html
  • 72Aggie
    Spartans' season ended with a thud in a 34-13 loss to Ball State.
  • SloStang
    Disappointing end to a great season. Keep in mind they were without many key players. Two starting OL’s, their top WR, and their All-American DE. Also their stud TE left the game early with an injury.
  • DrMike
    I think that was a big part. Also think MWC was pretty weak this year. Boise didn’t look good. Aztecs were below average. That being said big improvement for Spartans, glad coach is staying
  • DrMike
    Speaking of bowl games, how about the post game of the Liberty Bowl. One of the worse things I’ve seen in college football. Sickening. MSU kids seemed to instigate it from the pregame on. Good old Mike Leach, the ‘pirate’. His post game comments were bad - like it was no big deal
  • DrMike
    I’m not a big Alabama fan (except for fellow Antioch guy Najee Harris) but you never see them pull any crap on the field. Minimal showboating, never any taunting.

Leach’s teams always play with that edge and here it just blew up. They should have nipped the crap in pregame but let it go. Hopefully not indicative of Tulsa since we’re there next year
  • agalum
    Ohio state giving Clemson everything they can handle. I didn't expect this, good match up.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Not a fan of Leach either. He brought some decent teams to Wazzu but I wasn’t sad when he left.
  • AggieFinn
    Ohio State is having cake, and eating it too...Clemson better get it in gear if they're going to make it interesting.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!