• agalum
    Well darn. Few things to look forward to these days. Student safety though must be the priority.
  • DrMike
    I get nervous reading the paragraph wondering if the two other teams scheduled to visit will be allowed to. I suspect their BB teams are traveling so is that a California quarantine concern?
  • Goags20172
    I'm waiting for all but the Idaho game to be cancelled so that the season is a single contest at the Potatodome. They can call it the Mega Bowl, like in the "Semi-Pro" movie.

If basketball has been able to host games with no fans, why couldn't football ? There are more athletes, of course, but you help to mitigate the risk by only allowing a certain number of players into the stadium (say 35 each team) for the first half, and the rest can sit, socially-distanced in lawn chairs at the practice field until halftime, when they can be summoned to take the spots of injured players, but those injured players would have to have already left the stadium. Meanwhile, the injury replacement squad would be limited to say, 15-20 players each team. Whoever's left just stays home.
  • AggieFinn

Moscow, Idaho Megabowl...MOSCOW, IDAHO MEGABOWL!!!
  • agalum

Looks like that game will be on pluto tv 3/6. The Vandals play EW the week before also on pluto tv. It will be interesting to watch the EW-Vandal match up. Last year the Vandals were 5-7.
  • Goags20172
    LOL. They should call it the Potatodome. No more ridiculous than the Taco Bell Arena in Boise, which I've visited.
  • Idaho Aggie
    Hell no! Moscow is in North Idaho. This is wheat and lentil country, and in Idaho's north-south rivalry is as animated as California's. No way could we agree to that name. I do like the MOSCOW, IDAHO MEGABOWL! name though. I need to figure out how to get into the Megabowl, sorry, MEGABOWL. Maybe I'll email Dan Hawkins and remind him that I used to make him sandwiches at the Coffee House.
  • OldAggieAlum
    They will be allowing fans at the Idaho game, so I looked into getting tickets and making the trip over from Seattle. I've had both doses of the Covid-19 vaccination and feel relatively safe attending the game. I haven't physically attended an Aggies game in several years. However, the ticket site said they were only selling tickets in sets of four. At $32 each, that's $128. I'll pass.
  • Goags20172
    If it were more than a college football game during a pandemic I'd say it'd be worth it to have the 3 extra seats just so you can tell people the seats are reserved if they try to sit there. Extra legroom. But in this case , definitely not worth it. There's still the possibility they might not even play.
  • OldAggieAlum
    It looks like I was mistaken. They are requiring tickets to be bought in sets of four, but the price for four is $32. The site doesn't explain it, but I'm guessing this is their way of selling every fourth seat to enforce social distancing. I had read earlier that they planned to allow a reduced number of fans. So now I'm seriously considering going.
  • Idaho Aggie
    let me know if you are going, and I'll buy one of your tickets. or buy one in your vicinity. It would be good to be around another Aggie. I'm checking to see if my son wants to go with me. We went to the playoff game at EWU together a couple of years back.
  • DrMike
    Heard the poly has postponed their second game. Also EWU coach tested positive, apparently only one on the team
  • SloStang
    Cal Poly only had about 3 practices before pausing for 17 days. They had their first fully padded practice yesterday and would have had 2 uninterrupted weeks of practice to prepare for a Weber State team that would of had 5 weeks of practice and a game under their belt. Now they get at least 3 weeks of practice in before facing SUU.
  • NCagalum
    Wonder if Poly is OK with fewer games. Just lay low until Baldwin can get another recruiting year in to get players more suitable for a new offense. Could go the way of No. Colorado with their née coach.

Maybe the playoffs will end up being a Missouri Valley conference championship series - they seem to have fewer restrictions out there. Hope that is not the case. UND folks are pretty excited after their first 2 victories in their new league.
  • DrMike
    two impressive wins for UND
  • movielover
    So is our opener next week in Idaho?
  • AggieFinn
    https://ucdavisaggies.com/sports/football/schedule

2020-2021 SPRING BIG SKY SCHEDULE (COVID-19 SEASON)
    Sat. Mar. 6 at Idaho - Kibbie Dome, Moscow, ID*, Kickoff at 11 am PST
    Sat. Mar. 13 at Weber State - Stewart Stadium, Ogden, UT*, Kickoff at Noon PST
    Sat. Mar. 20 vs. Cal Poly - UC Davis Health Stadium - Davis, CA*+, Kickoff at 1 pm PST
    Sat. Mar. 27 vs. Idaho State - UC Davis Health Stadium - Davis, CA*, Kickoff at 1 pm PST
    Sat. April 3 vs. EWU - UC Davis Health Stadium - Davis, CA*+, Kickoff at 1 pm PST

Sat. April 10 at Cal Poly - Alex B. Spanos Stadium - San Luis Obispo, CA*, Kickoff at 1 pm PST
  • OldAggieAlum
    It looks like I won't be going. The forecast is for heavy snow this weekend over Snoqualmie Pass. I have a good vehicle for snow, but I really don't want to deal with it. Hopefully it won't be long before the Aggies are back up at Eastern Washington, Idaho, or Portland State again. I seem to remember the Aggies have Washington coming up on the schedule in a couple of years. My situation has changed such that I should be able start attending the games up this way again. I can take the new light rail system to go directly from my house to Husky Stadium. So I definitely plan to attend the Washington game.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!