• NCagalum
    Have been watching FCS games on ESPN plus. I think it’s too bad that big sky games apparently will not be shown. With FBS not playing, a chance for a little more exposure.

So far what I have seen of NDSU is not very impressive. Lance gone and they are trailing southern Illinois who got soundly beaten by North Dakota last week 10-0 midway into 2nd quarter.

SDSU has been playing a 3rd string freshman but he looks good and my guess is that SDSU will be the favorite in the MO valley this year. They beat UNI last week and are playing UND today.

Update so. IL. Up 17-0 on NDSU with minute to go in first half.

Well NDSU scores on Hail Mary on last play of half. 17-7 at half.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Thanks for the updates.
  • Zander
    Huge upset, did not expect NDSU to get crushed like that. Or lose at all. Or win by less than a possession...

I wonder if the local channels for say the Montanas are an impediment to ESPN deals. I imagine the ongoing TV deals might actually be worth something beyond the exposure they don't need out there
  • SloStang
    How about former Big Sky member UND beating #3 SDSU 28-17 today. They also beat SIU 44-21 last week.
  • NCagalum
    NDSU is just not the team they have been the past few years. They were not that impressive in a win against a bad Youngstown State team and today they had no offense. Their QB is big and not very mobile and was very inaccurate today and their running game was no better. If the season progresses to a championship series, I don’t see them making the finals and unlikely semis- let alone winning a MC again. They look to be back on earth and quite mortal.
  • agalum
    Well i guess all those ndsu fans will be loosing their plane and hotel reservations to frisco.
  • fugawe09
    I’m sure nobody at NDSU is celebrating right now, but I remember after we played them tough there were some comments on their board that they needed more tough wins and some losses to make it interesting again, as the feeling inevitability had stated to become boring.

I watched the EWU-Idaho game. Lot of parity but Idaho pulled it out in the 4th quarter. Idaho maybe seemed better than previous years but their QB transfer from UConn is no gift. On the EWU side it was just normal EB3 but not as explosive offense of previous years. A one-trick pony mobile QB that Idaho adjusted to at halftime. I think they have young guys up front. Most amusing moment was when EWU missed a well aimed field goal attempt that hit the ceiling and bounced out of the uprights. Kicker threw a four alarm tantrum that it should count but they couldn’t review because none of the cameras had the top of the goalpost in frame.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!