• NCagalum
    Valparaiso (my mother-in-law’s alma mater) upsets San Diego 20-19.

Southern Illinois 48 and SE La 41 in a shootout end of 3rd quarter.

SDSU 10 NDSU 3 at half (SDSU looks better than NDSU)

James Madison wins over Richmond.

My money is on SDSU for the crown-just a very solid team. We’ll see what second half brings. I think SDSU gets a bid regardless.
  • NCagalum
    SDSU runs for over 300 yards on NDSU and wins 27-17.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Northern Arizona 19 Idaho 9 Final
    Montana 48 Portland State 7 Final
  • AggieFinn

First loss for North Dakota State in the Fargodome since they lost vs. James Madison in 2016
  • BlueGoldAg
    Wow...the Bison fans must think the sky is falling!
  • AggieFinn
    on S

Of course, UC Davis won in the Fargodome back in 2005! Blue Force scored 3 picks on Bison QB Steve Walker that day, en route to a rock 'em sock 'em victory of ball control. Final score was 20-14. The Aggies held star Bison running back Kyle Steffes to 8 yards rushing on 13 carries. NDSU chucked it 42 times, weird hearing that lack of balance coming out of Fargo. Jon Grant finished two drives on the ground with a pair of rushing TDs, and Emmo Benjamin was 2/2 on field goals.

These were the years when Appalachian State was the National dominant FCS force...with a three-peat of FCS National Championships in '05, '06 and '07...culminating in a Big House win @ Michigan in 2007...the greatest college football upset of all time in my opinion. Seven years after that historic win, the Mountaineers would finally be in the FBS. Will NDSU or Montana ever follow suit?
  • fugawe09
    That was a great game in 2005 - and it almost didn't happen. The team's charter plane was cancelled without much notice and they couldn't get another one. The Band-uh had commercial tickets, so in a last minute deal, the band manager and Coach Biggs changed the names on the tickets to the team. The band manager then rented cars at Enterprise, put a note on the band table in the coffee house, and hit the road - all without telling any higher ups in Student Affairs. The Student Affairs folks were big mad about being circumvented and outsmarted by a student-led group and desperately wanted to punish the Band-uh, but were forced to grin and bear it because the whole ordeal got such such good PR at the time.
  • AggieFinn

The good ole' days where big brother, big legal and big PC didn't ruin everything fun about college.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!