• DrMike
    I think it was an omen for the Toreros when the singer flubbed the lyrics to the national anthem after the 9/11 moment of silence. Lot of pressure on her.
  • 69aggie
    Maybe it has all been mostly said now. I know IT has been our punt returner for the past few seasons, but has he really ever done what TT did yesterday? No. Will he? Who knows. Get the ball into TT hands every time we can. Hawk knows this. Hope that he will figure out how to do it. I think he will.
  • CA Forever
    HR named Big Sky offensive player of the week for the 2nd week in a row.
  • CA Forever
    TT named special teams player of the week. 2nd week in a row Aggies win that award with Gomez winning week 1.
  • zythe
    Will TT be our QB of the future?
  • movielover
    Duel w Hastings? Gunnor Faulk also looked solid and mobile last year.
  • Riveraggie
    Maybe. We have a 170 lb starter, how sturdy is he going to be? Don’t know if Hastings or Faulk is better.
    Might end this season with TT at QB.
    He needs some game action at QB to show what he can and can’t do. I’d love to see him play some more regular QB series, show that he can complete some passes.
  • movielover
    I wish we subbed earlier in San Diego. The game was a lock.
  • NCagalum
    doubt it. TT is great with the ball in the open field, but playing qb is a different animal. As I heard a commentator say while watching another game “the trouble with QBs who are really good runners is that they look to run before going through their progressions.” He might get a shot after HR leaves, but HR is a nifty escape artist who thows well on the move and is just a better passer. So use TT as flanker, empty backfield when appropriate (I.e., near goal line) punt returner (kick returner?) and get him in position to get the ball at other positions. At the time this is the way to go. Who knows in the future, but gaudy high school passing stats do not necessary translate at the college level. From the little I have seen, he doesn’t look like a natural passer.
  • BlueGoldAg
    From the Enterprise:

“The amount of talent we have on this team and the depth and the experience makes us a very good team,” offered Aggie head coach Dan Hawkins after his team dismantled the Toreros.

“We expect to play well whether we play Tulsa or San Diego. We have a lot of weapons. Hunter (quarterback Hunter Rodrigues) is making a lot of plays and we can run the ball and we’re pretty solid up front.”

Hawkins said that when San Diego coach Dale Lindsey shook his hand after the game he said, “Where have you been hiding these guys?”

For his part, Lindsey was philosophical in defeat.

“Our guys played hard and played well at times, but Davis is a very talented team,” Lindsey said. “They’re going to have a great year. We just didn’t play well enough to stay with them.”

“We just executed really well,” Rodrigues noted. “This was a great team win. Our coaches put together a great
    game plan and put us in a position to be successful.”

Asked if this was a special team on its way to a special season, Rodrigues smiled and said, “It’s starting to feel that way. We have some special guys and we’re just trying to take what every day brings us.”

Nearly every member of the 70-man Aggie traveling squad managed to see action as Hawkins substituted liberally in the
    second half.

“That was a lot of fun to use so many guys and get to see themcontribute,” Hawkins added.

https://www.davisenterprise.com/sports/uc-davis-too-much-for-san-diego-print-edition-9-15/?utm_source=DE&utm_campaign=151280df0f-Daily_Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_be64fee185-151280df0f-171004309
145678Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!