Tennessee State at #15 Tennessee Martin 12 noon
    Tulsa at #2 (FBS) Cincinnati 12:30 pm
    Morehead State at San Diego 1 pm
    #25 Eastern Kentucky at Stephan F Austin 2 pm
  • movielover
    Game of the week?

#4 Montana State at #5 EWU 1 pm
  • BlueGoldAg
    That game would get my vote. The #2 NDSU at #9 SDSU is another monster game. Lots of good match ups this week with playoffs implications.
  • NCagalum
    I feel sorry for Idaho State. Maybe BYU will be worn out by hanging 66 on Virginia. Of course BYU defense was a sieve. ESPN gratuitously gives them a 1% chance of winning. I guess 1% is the low asymptote.
  • AggieFinn

I don't feel sorry for those damn Aggie beating sons-a-guns. Have fun in Mormontown.
  • NCagalum
    Pocatello is Mormon-town lite and they will probably get lit up.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Dartmouth 31 T-20 Princeton 7 Final
  • agalum
    7-0 PSU over Weber 4 left in first.
  • 72Aggie
    Arizona snaps 20 game losing streak with victory over Cal. To be fair Cal’s lineup has been depleted by COVID protocols.
  • 72Aggie
    Final: South Dakota State 27, North Dakota State 19.
  • CA Forever
    Not sure if anyone else saw, but Tulsa ALMOST took down #2 Cinci 20-28. Had the ball on the 1 yard line and couldn't punch in a potential game tying TD (with 2 pt conversion)
  • AggieFinn
    Portland State beats Weber
    Bobcats down Eastern
  • movielover
    Don't these big losses help us?
  • NCagalum
    only thing for sure is that Weber is definitely out as possible playoff participant. At this point there are 5 big sky teams fighting for a playoff position (Montana, Montana State, UCD, EWU, and Sac don’t think the playoff committee would take 5 from big sky. UCD - EWU, UCD - Sac, Montana - Montana State are to be played.

Portland State could be a spoiler in their games with Sac and EWU.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Portland State could be a spoiler in their games with Sac and EWU.NCagalum

That would be great if PS knocked off either or both of them!
  • Russ Bowlus
    We're all SLO fans tonight, right?
  • BlueGoldAg
    One stat that jumps out for me is that we had only had 3 penalties for 34 yards. That's pretty darn good.
  • agalum

And Isiah Thomas, he was as good as i have ever seen him.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Plus, no turnovers.
  • AggieFinn
    Check out this one by the Jackrabbits
  • BlueGoldAg
    Fantastic trick play!
  • Toke69
    If Im seeing things clearly (and many of you know that's not always the case), four FCS teams media ranked ahead of UC Davis lost today: North Dakota State, Eastern Washington, Southern Illinois and Southeast Louisiana. I wonder if that will vault the Aggies into the #4 rank, not that any of this matters going into the game against the Eagles. EWU has lost two straight including to 4-4 Weber State, I wonder if they've run into injury problems or something?
  • NCagalum
    Montana State has a good defense. Ilfanse had a great game - I think over 200 yards rushing and with TOP MSU limited plays for EWU. UCD needs to take note of what both Weber and MSU did to hold EWU scoring down.
  • agalum
    Unfortunately our forte has never been, that i can remember, handling a mobile QB. And Barriere is the class act of mobility. But both EW and J street are looking vulnerable.
  • BlueGoldAg
    It will be interesting to see what the polls will be after today. I don't think we'll jump to # 4 but we could move up one or two spots.
  • agalum
    24-9 J street at half, but poly is just a few plays away from hanging with them.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Sac is pummeling Poly 41-9 with 6:53 to go and we struggled a lot against Poly...
  • cmt
    My best guess in the STATS poll is that we jump from 8 to either 7 or 6. We won't jump NDST and SDST will almost certainly jump us for beating NDST. I think we'll leap Southern Illinois and SE Louisiana. Eastern Washington is a maybe. If we go ahead of EW, we're 6 and if we don't, we're 7.
  • cmt
    I still think it's going to take an upset for the Big Sky to not get 5. FWIW, this playoff prediction on AGS has the Big Sky easily getting 5.

https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?285441-Week-9-Playoff-Prognostication

This one has 5 also:

https://herosports.com/fcs-football-2021-playoff-predictions-9-bzbz/

I posted in another thread that since the bracket expanded to 24 teams, no 8 win or better team from the Big Sky, CAA or MVFC had ever missed out on the playoffs. UCD and Mont St are already at 8. EW and Sac just have to beat Portland St to be at 8 and Montana just has to beat Idaho. The H2H games between the top-5 don't matter as far as getting to 8 wins unless there's an upset.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!