• movielover
    Former DII national championship Head Coach Bob Williams had five 20-win seasons (and one 19 wins) at our beloved campus.

His student athletes are now rising throughout DI basketball coaching ranks. Some may be future UC Davis head coaches.

Rob Ehsan - former head coach, University Alabama Birmingham with 76-57 record (.571), 19-13 last Covid year. Currently an assistant at Stanford.

Danny Yoshikawa - former co-MVP of the NCAC. Current Head coach at West Valley College with a 144-47 record for a .753 winning in his first stint there. Has recruited and coached internationally (Japan), double major at Davis. Very sharp. Assistant coaching stints at USF & St. Mary's College.

Gus Argenal - former associate head coach at Fullerton, Argenal is now an assistant coach with 14th ranked Arkansas for Eric Musselman. Former head coach at DII Cal State East Bay. Played for legendary coach Frank Alicco at De La Salle high school.

Jesse Pruitt - Stanford assistant, former Santa Clara assistant. Never been a head coach.

Shanan Rosenberg - head coach, Linfield College (Oregon).

Jon Surface - head basketball coach, Menlo College (2010 - 2015).

Current / Former Head Coaches

Brandon Laird - current Head coach, Sacramento State.

Dedrique LaMonte Taylor - head coach, California State Fullerton. Former top assistant at Arizona State. Father a hall of fame high school coach. Record: 83–107 (.437)

Jason Rabedeaux - former Bob Hamilton player and UTEP head coach. UTEP record of 46 - 46 (.500). Billed as a talented recruiter. Later coached in Asia before his mysterious death.
  • 72Aggie
    Justin Clymo is the Director of Athletics and Head Boys Basketball Coach at Robert Louis Stevenson School in Pebble Beach, CA. He has taught high school for over 20 years. He spent nine years at El Camino High School in Sacramento, CA where he served as the head basketball coach in addition to coaching the boys golf and cross country teams. In 2008 he led the Eagles to the CIF Sac-Joaquin section championship where they defeated eventual state finalist Sacramento HS by scoring a section record 59 second half points. He spent two years at Palma School, an all boys’ Catholic school, where he taught English and religious studies and served as the Physical Education department chair while coaching basketball and baseball. Justin returned to [the Stevenson School,] his alma mater in 2010 as the Director of Activities, a position he held until his appointment as Director of Athletics in 2017. He has coached cross country and he coached the girls basketball team to a CIF Central Coast section semi-finals appearance in 2015 and has led the boys team to the semi-finals three times since taking over in 2016. Before his time at El Camino, he coached for Bob Williams and Brian Fogel at UC Davis where they won the 1998 NCAA division II national championship.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Good for Gus! He's a great hire for San Bernardino and I hope he's successful there. He continues the tradition of former Aggies in many sports continuing their careers as excellent coaches.
  • movielover
    A top-rated DI assistant, he struggled as HC at Cal State East Bay. Alums speak highly of him.
  • Toke69
    This reminds me of all the great football coaches who played for Jim Sochor. I don't think I should list them all here, but if someone (not me) has a comprehensive list, it would be a great post on the football discussion site.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!