• Riveraggie
    I hope they get an experienced receivers coach as a replacement. The program has replaced several departed experienced coaches with guys new to the role or new to this level of football.
    Arceneaux was one of the more experienced recent hires.
    We haven’t seen much productivity from young receivers aside from CJ Hutton, and maybe he was just ready to play. Some receivers who haven’t played much thus far are going to have to fill Vaughn and Harrell’s shoes.
  • CA Forever
    Well it looks like we might have promoted from within. Josh Thompson's twitter account now says he's coaching wide receivers. He was an offensive quality control coach this last season.
  • movielover
    His bio is odd, having him go to a junior college after an FCS program. (reverse?)

"Thompson played his college ball as a receiver for Victory Valley College (2013-14) and Gardner Webb (2012-13),..."
  • Riveraggie
    I fear we have too many inexperienced coaches, some of whom have not had a lot of success as players at the position they coach. Maybe that doesn’t matter, maybe anyone can coach anything if they’ve been around the subject. Kind of like your math teacher doesn’t really need to be any good solving problems if she can present the lesson plan.
    However, I think playing gives insight into subtleties about individual skills that might help the position players.
  • Riveraggie
    Maybe those are school years and not seasons, one year at each place. It’s actually Victor Valley College..
  • movielover
    Humm.

[Edited] Biggs, Sochor, Foster, Moroski, Hacketts, etc. all successful players.
  • Riveraggie
    Just for clarity I’m not talking about coaches not having played at all, but rather if they are position coaches did they play the position they coach.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!