• 72Aggie
    9 potential FCS over FBS upsets for the 2022 college football season

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2022-08-24/9-potential-fcs-over-fbs-upsets-2022-college-football-season

Can you imagine week 2 if these possible upsets in week 1 came true? SDSU over Iowa, UCD over Cal.
  • AggieFinn
    I thought Tulsa would whoop Davis by 30 last year.
  • AggieFinn2
    I have a prediction for this game. The Aggies will lose by a single touchdown, but for the rest of the season at least 2 people on this message board will use this as a meausuring stick for how they should play against other opponents. Oh. I can't believe the Aggies couldn't beat [good team here] when they only lost to Berzerkely by 6. One game has little to do with the next, but predictions are fun, right ? I'd prefer to know nothing about the Aggies or their opponents and just be surprised when I see a game.
  • movielover
    Is there a spread announced yet?
  • Riveraggie
    Then Davis is the perfect team for you to follow because there is next to nothing said about the team. I remember a story prior to a previous Cal game where a writer, I think from the Daily Californian said he couldn’t find any information about the team. And now there is less.
  • AggieFinn
    Director of Football Operations...known information, name, title, email and face. That's it:

https://ucdavisaggies.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/matt-kitchen/7171
  • Riveraggie
    Along the lines of missing information, they still haven’t updated the statistics tab in the roster to show 2021 stats. It seems they’re waiting until the last moment to do something that they had 9 months to accomplish. Or they haven’t noticed.
  • movielover
    Or Hawk is keeping it on DL.
  • NCagalum

This shows all FCS by specific metrics (team stats and rankings) - should be able to navigate from here:
    https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fcs/current/team/28/p2

Attached file (excel) has the above team stats pulled for all big sky conference 2021. You can "slice" by metric on second sheet.
    Attachment
    big.sky.stats.2021 (144K)
  • Riveraggie
    Thanks, that impressive. But what is missing is the information on the

https://ucdavisaggies.com/sports/football/roster/nick-eaton/13466

Bios not updated to show fall 2021, and in the stats tab it doesn’t show the stats for that year.
    If you select 2021 on the stats tab, it eventually populates, but it doesn’t show 2021 in career statistics.
    That’s a really nice feature of the roster, as you can see how players did in various years and even games. But it’s broken.
  • movielover
    Northwestern beats Nebraska in Ireland!
  • 72Aggie
    This writer predicts an Aggie upset over Cal.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10047134-college-football-picks-week-1-predictions-for-every-game-and-fcs-upsets

You really have to scroll down to the bottom of the article for this.....
  • NCagalum
    William and Mary over Charlotte 41-24 - but is is Charlotte who got thumped by FAU.

However W&M looked real good. Strong running game and good pass rush. As Archie Bunker said “Jeez of course they won, it’s two colleges”.
  • NCagalum
    SDSU hanging with Iowa. Pretty much no offense by either team - but a lot of Midwest pounding defense. Only points an iowa field goal simply due to field position advantage due to iowa punting.

Two offense starters (including Kraft) dinged up.
  • NCagalum
    SDSU MVP of first half - Iowa QB. Iowas fans booing own team. Iowa up 3-0 with 4:35 to go 1st half. Jacks have ball on Iowa 38 after interception. Issue is that Jacks have shown 0 offense against tough iowa defense
  • NCagalum
    Iowa - South Dakota State 3-3 at half

Total offense (yards) at half
    SDSU 76
    Iowa. 58
    Old school Midwest game or what?
    Iowa leaves field to a chorus of boos.

Chris Peterson a Fox Sports analyst says lowa strategy is good defense and special teams and don’t mess it up on offense. Well so far iowa is messing up offense.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Iowa fans booing their own team is really awful. I’ve never heard Aggie fans ever do that regardless of how frustrated they may have been times.
  • NCagalum
    We’ll the further east and south you go, the more of a religion college football is. The “funny” (sort of) thing is that they have a new “tradition” (sounds like an oxymoron) of waving to the kids in the childrens hospital behind the stadium at the end of the first quarter. So smiles and goodwill for that moment to pivoting to boo your own team. I guess they mentally partition things/behavior.
  • 72Aggie
    This is the third year for the Iowa QB, Petras. He's from Marin Catholic where he broke some of former Cal QB Jared Goff's school records. Iowa had QB issues last year and one of the reserves left the team after an ill-considered comment in a press conference by Iowa's head coach. Petras has never lived up to his reports. I guess he's a better practice player than a gamer. Ferentz is sticking with him.

I am an Iowa fan by birth and genetics. I can understand the fans' frustration. I won't defend booing your team.

Waving at the children in the Children's hospital started in 2017. That was an empty field way back in the day when I grew up in Iowa City. My parents had a long connection with the Iowa medical school and I was born in the hospital on campus. I wish my father had lived long enough to see the wave. He passed away in June of that year. He'd be a blubbering black & gold mess if he saw it.
  • NCagalum
    Both my in-laws were Iowans (Des Moines). I couldn’t imagine them booing - but don’t know that they were that much into football - I know my mother in law (Valpo grad) was not.

Morowski attended Marin Catholic as I am sure you know. I was on baseball team with him at UCD. He played - I didn’t for the most part :-).
  • NCagalum
    Baseball score just in from Iowa City.
    Iowa 5
    SDSU 3
    Gronowski injured.
  • AggieFinn
    Huge turnover for the Jackrabbits....Iowa was going in, what a play.
  • NCagalum
    whoever makes next score (if anyone can) wins.

SDSU has had several injuries in this game. Also a targeting.
  • BlueGoldAg
    SDSU is certainly getting banged up. That targeting call on the SDSU player was bogus and now he'll have to sit out the first half against us.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Horrible starting field position for SDSU for most of the game.
  • NCagalum
    Absolutely. Iowa punter is very good and limited SDSU offense has put them in a perpetual hole. Countless false starts too.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Iowa scores on a FG and 2 safeties to beat SDSU 7-3. The SDSU defense is very stout but the offense couldn't do much of anything against the Iowa defense.
  • NCagalum
    North Dakota giving Nebraska all they can handle. 7-0 Nebraska with 3 minutes to go first half.
  • 72Aggie
    I'm all for giving people second chances, but why is Ryan Leaf broadcasting a game for the Pac-12 network?

Still not used to thinking of this as FCS vs FBS, but Idaho just went ahead of Wazzou on a TD off of a fumble recovery in a game being played in Pullman.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!