• Toke69
    What is there to be said about a game that might not be played? It's a must win, a should win, a (once upon a time) likely win against a Mustang team that has only won one conference game. It is worth noting that the Ags beat them by only 2 point at Davis and that Cal Poly is coming off a home game where they kept close to UCI the entire game and lost by only 3. If the Aggies are only barely healthy enough to be able to play, it could be a bad afternoon for us.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Current Big West Standings:

1. UC Irvine 13-4 20-9
    2.UC Riverside 13-5 20-10
    3. UC Santa Barbara 12-5 21-7
    4. Hawai'i 11-6 20-9
    4. Cal State Fullerton 11-6 17-12
    6. UC Davis 9-7 16-12
    7. Long Beach State 9-8 15-14
    8. CSU Bakersfield 6-11 10-18
    9. UC San Diego 5-12 10-19
    10. CSUN 4-14 7-22
    11. Cal Poly 1-16 7-22
  • BlueGoldAg
    Other Big West Games on Saturday:

Fullerton at Bakersfield 1 pm
    CSUN at Long Beach 3 pm
    Santa Barbara at San Diego 7 pm
    Irvine at Hawaii 7 pm
  • DrMike
    We announced the no contest Wednesday around 10:30. Since we’ve had no word go we assume we’re playing?
  • BlueGoldAg
    No news is good news, I hope??

Some of the Big West fans over on the Big West Boards Forum are convinced that Jim Les took advantage of the "no contest" rule to cancel the game against Fullerton so that we could maintain our current 6th place standing rather than playing the game and risking a "sure loss." I think that's total bunk but it's not worth trying to reason with those folks who have their minds already made up.
  • DrMike
    If Long Beach beats us next week, probably a moot point
  • agalum

“ Some of the Big West fans over on the Big West Boards Forum are convinced that Jim Les took advantage of the "no contest" rule”

No way would Jim and Rocko risk their reputations and career over 1 game. I’ve heard Jim comment numerous times that his players health is more important than a game.
  • DrMike
    I think the travel requirements of bring the lone NC team in a 20-game conference schedule is taking a toll. No short bus rides for us
  • Toke69
    Any news yet on who is going to be able to play? Anigwe and Milling, I hope. I would love to see Ty break out of his doldrums at this point of the season and, of course, see ELi Pepper break the season scoring record. Go Ags!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Pepper is currently tied for 7th place in points per game average in D1 basketball.
  • DrMike
    we won’t hear anything officially
  • BlueGoldAg
    Poly is a much, much better basketball team than their record. I watched them nearly beat Irvine, Irvine rallied in the final minutes and then a Poly defensive breakdown on an wide open, Irvine, backdoor layup lost the game for Poly. They play really hard and they'll battle the Ags tooth and nail tomorrow.
  • DrMike
    they defend very well. Struggle to score.
  • DrMike
    They show us as 6-7 point favorites; maybe the insiders have a better idea of who is suiting up!

Thought it was interesting we are 12-3 in games we are favored
  • Toke69
    Bad news: Anigwe not starting. Good news: Ty looks to be back to his earlier aggressive form on both offense and defense.
  • agalum
    Lousy video feed
  • DrMike
    Not as bad as our shooting.

Looks like Beasley is suited up?
  • Toke69
    We're sizzling from 3: 11.1%
  • DrMike
    Pepper off to a 1-10 shooting start. We don’t look very good
  • agalum
    Leo looking good
  • DrMike
    Down 26-24 at half. Seems like it could be worse based on out shooting.

Video seems better now. Pretty good announcers
  • Toke69
    I agree, aside from our own Marsh and Williams, I like this pair the best of all the Big West commentators I've heard. They are fair, knowledgable and appropriately reserved.
  • DrMike
    Need a second half (18 points after a cold first half) from Eli. And Johnson to take over like last time vPoly
  • BlueGoldAg
    I feel like we're lucky to only be down 2 at the half. We've had some pretty good looks but the shots aren't dropping. If we manage to win this game, it's probably going to be an "ugly" win...gonna have to grind out another one...
  • BlueGoldAg
    Fullerton beat Bakersfield 70-66 in OT.
  • DrMike
    And Ty turns his ankle
  • Toke69
    Pepper just broke the UC Davis single season scoring record, I believe.
  • agalum
    Pepper starting to roll
  • agalum
    Well, 4:37 to go, Ags down by 1
  • agalum
    Time to go on another 15-0 run
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!