• AggieFinn2
    You're right. I'm becoming more Latino everyday. I was just googling what AggieFinn2 would be in Spanish and it appears to be: Finlandes Agricola Dos. Too many characters.
  • movielover
    Why would a regular Olympic sport student athlete choose UCLA or Cal? Not world class, but solid. Travel in season will be a bear, studies will suffer even more. To travel to Syracuse, Wake Forest, and North Carolina State?

It sounds like Cal will have to do some deep cutting. Not sure about Stanford, they have large endowments.

AggieFinn2: maybe the UCs should add table tennis and badminton?
  • Jackbacker2
    Aggiefinn2. I agree those are great sports cheap and at the high levels very skilled.
  • NCagalum
    My dad took my brother and I to the Stanford-USC game in Palo Alto in 1968 after we had just competed in the local punt-pass-and kick competition (is that even around anymore?). I was a USC and OJ Simpson fan (not so much anymore for obvious reasons) and have an autograph from him obtained at a Cal track meet. Plunkett to Gene Washington was the hookup back then, and Stanford lost by 2 or 3 points as I recall and missed 3 field goals.
  • Jackbacker2
    NCagalum. I was at the game also though I did not compete in the run-pass-punt comp. My favorite Stanford connection during that period was Plunkett to Randy Vataha.
    As for the Juice he was my favorite player of the 70's with the Bills. I would have been so excited to have his autograph. On a Christmas Eve I was driving to my parents and he came on the radio and was very nice. At that time his favorite Christmas Carol was Nat King Cole's Christmas song. Funny how strong those memories are for me as an old man.
    As for that game I remember my father talking about how important the kicking game is in football. I hope you had a great day then.
  • 72Aggie
    I'm getting on this late, but don't think this has been mentioned - The trickle down will affect two UC Davis teams. Currently we, along with San Diego State, were supposed to become associate members of the Pac-12 in women's lacrosse in the 2023-24 season. We are also members of the America East Conference for field hockey. The ACC sponsors both of those sports and I imagine Cal and Stanford will be expected to join the ACC for those. What does that do to those sports at Davis?
  • AggieFinn2
    That's a good point. I would guess field hockey is unaffected because there are enough non PAC-12 members. Those snobby east coast programs will just have to come out here for a change. Lacrosse probably needs a new conference.
  • NCagalum
    I did have a great day. As I recall I won the local pp&k competition. I think I wore boots so I could punch my kick with the old straight-on method. Hope you have a great day too. Fond memories.
  • lucche
    You want to fix.this ? Well start a.National Academic and Athletic Universities NAAU and every FB S team is not allowed to enter this entity. They will be NCAA which does not need academic requirements. Also, n colleges would not offer scholarships to FBS players. Let the NFL subsidize these athletes.
    They will be minor league footba!l for the NFL. So, if the NCAA is to survive let the NFL foot the bill, pun(t) intended.
    All players in the NAAU would be.the new recognized collegiate sports entity and disassociate from the NCAA
    The NCAA only cares about the money anyhow. Proof is U of Montana finished behind UC Davis last
    year and got a playoff bid, And UC Davis did not. All U C Davis losses were to.highly ranked FCS team or FBS. The worse loss was by 14 points. They got in because of their attendance and not because they were more deserving. ProofNCAA is persuing dollars.over academic. and athletic success.of the athletes
  • AggieFinn
    I'm of the opinion that Coach Sanders and his whole philosophy and old school approach, molded for this present generation is a unique situation. While it may seem like scorched earth is a viable philosophy, in my heart i just think the situation in Colorado is a once in a generation type thing. No doubt, however, coaches will try. The biggest thing to offer for anybody transferring is playing time right away. You're transferring for a reason, whatever it may be, and generally it means you're not getting the best opportunity for yourself.
  • zythe
    Coach Sanders has has success at the highest levels. He is also not a “new” coach.

Please give him his respect.
  • Riveraggie
    The number of transfer will decrease once the COVID extra year fades away. Particularly the grad transfers, but even undergraduates won’t be as attractive if it’s just for a year. The history here is that transfers have contributed a lot more in their second year. There will still be transfers though and the FCS teams are likely to be net losers of talent.
123Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!