• CA Forever
    That's why I mentioned in my first response that I think the passing game as a whole needs to be looked at and reassessed; coaches to scheme to players... It's not just on Miles, but when you're the QB the offense runs through you.

Everything you said is fair and I've tried my best to make it clear that my gripes this season aren't meant to be a personal attack on anyone. At the end of the day these are kids and they are doing the best that they can.
  • movielover
    Apparently Pacific Northwest writer Canzano is predicting that Cal will play Oregon State and Wazzu next year. They only have one open date.

So there is speculation that Cal will buy us out to beef up their SoS next year. Right now we're booked at Cal on Sat., Aug. 31 to open the season.
  • Riveraggie
    They finally put a roster up on ucdavisaggies.com.

Jehiel Budgett isn’t listed. He was a Junior last year on the roster. They’ll miss him.

OL Povey, DB Verner, and DL Amone are all Grad Students.
    Verner finally got to play here last year as a senior for pretty much the first time, so I kind of thought he had missed out on a good career, He transferred from Boise a few years ago, and may have been injured. Great scores in the NFL combine type drills.
  • Riveraggie
    Players who started any game last year and are on the 2024 roster.

WR Hutton, Gbatu, Davis, Tompkins
    TE Gale, Simpson
    RB Larison, Tompkins, Fisher
    QB Hastings
    LT Simonson
    LG Souriolle
    C Povey
    RG Main
    RT. Nava, Meynell

DT. Bearden
    NG. Toki
    DE Kennedy
    Rush Sarac
    Nickel Verner, Calhoun
    SLB. Cloyd
    MLB. No one
    WLB. No one
    BCB. Alexander
    FCB. Gardner, Cotton
    BS Rex Connors
    FS Shamburger, Bains
  • AggieFinn
    Encouraging Lineup...who's playing LB for UC Davis - that'll be the big ask this fall. No doubt we're looking for some transfer guys who are No. 3 / No. 4 on the depth chart at Boise, Nevada, Utah State, Arizona...
  • ARI53
    LB spot does look light, but do not forget, Porter Conners did get some qualify playing time at LB last year and he looked good in the spring game.
  • Riveraggie
    I think Porter Connors will be one of the starting linebackers. He started a game in 2022. They still have him listed as a DB, but he played linebacker after they changed his position on the roster.
    Offense is solid. I think they can easily be better than 2022. 2023 was a big drop off.
    Defense is going to suffer some. Losing Buchanan, Maae, Budgett all with remaining eligibility is painful. But lots of talent still here, The secondary is a strength.
  • NCagalum
    Agreed that offense should be better. I am a bit concerned that the defense may not be as good as last year. Losing Maee, Buchanan, and Tattersall is concerning. Hopefully some other linebackers will step up - not sure what young guys will rise to the challenge. Defense by and large was very solid last year with the exception of some sporadic DB play. I know everyone is thinking of “shredsville” reemergence and excitement, but defense wins championships.
  • agalum
    The shredville offense (which i like) is going to put a lot of pressure on our D. If the wide open, fast paced offense works, the D will be on the field longer.
  • NCagalum

Some of us remember this all too well. I remember listening over the internet from a hotel room in Amman Jordan. From certain victory to collapse as defense wore down.

https://buhuskies.com/news/2020/12/2/football-bloomsburg-universitys-great-comeback-20-years-later.aspx
  • BlueGoldAg
    Yeah, unfortunately, my wife and I were there to witness that meltdown. We honestly thought that this Aggie team was going be the one to finally win the D2 National Championship...
  • movielover
    Great article. We ironically were playing an undersized, underfunded team.
  • DavisAggie
    there is no way to predict time of possession at this point.
  • Riveraggie
    A true freshman OL, Souriolle, appears to have played in five games last season, which would burn a year of eligibility. That is unfortunate. Pretty rare that he played in the first game.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!