• movielover
    PAC-12 announces Teresa Gould as new commissioner

"Gould will be taking over for George Kliavkoff after he and the conference agreed to part ways last week. Gould is set to become the first female commissioner of an Autonomy Five conference."

https://www.kxly.com/sports/pac-12-announces-teresa-gould-as-new-commissioner/article_58c3e394-cf56-11ee-8d3b-efa6a4b60988.html

I haven't followed the PAC 12 implosion closely.

Apparently when signing a short-term partnership deal with the MWC, the PAC 2 agreed to not poach a portion of the MW conference. They either merge with the whole conference, or heavy penalties follow.

Gould is locked in for a couple of years. The above agreement seems to limit PAC 2 options.
  • movielover
    Writer John Canzano interviewed Gould and covered the $255 million (?) 'war chest' the league maintains, but I don't subscribe to his blog.
  • DrMike
    Ron Gould apparently is the new running back coach for the Rams. Was at San Diego State last year.
  • agalum
    I don’t think the Aztecs had a standout rushing record last year. But Gould is a good guy. I hope he does well.
  • Zander
    Offense has been stagnant for some time at SDSU and I don't remember there being any lights-out backs on the roster last year the way there were in years past (like when Davis played them). I can totally believe Gould was getting the most out of the RB corps, blocking, and field position he had to work with, and that the Rams could see that.
  • 72Aggie
    I believe Gould was hired by San Diego State in January or February of 2023 but hired by the Rams about a month later in March of 2023. The Aztecs then hired Jimmy Beal as running backs coach in April of 2023. Beal coached the SDSU running backs in the 2023 season.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    What is Ron doing these days?
  • 72Aggie
    See Dr. Mike’s note above…RB coach for Los Angeles Rams.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!