• Russ Bowlus
    Hawaii women are going to the new WBIT, which is a 32-team NCAA-sponsored bracket.
  • BlueGoldAg
    So here are the Women's Big West Teams that are playing in the post-season:

Irvine (23-8) in the NCAA Tournament
    Hawai'i (20-10) in the WBIT
    Riverside (18-13) in the WNIT
    Cal Poly (17-13) in the WNIT

...but the Aggies (20-14) are not going anywhere...

These are the teams in the WNIT:

5arw5klot9btndik.png

5bir3oipcn0x6r7o.png
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies finished with the 3rd best record in the Big West including the games played in the BW Tournament but they are not playing in any of the post-season tournaments. I'm not sure what the selection criteria is for the WNIT but, the only thing I can guess, is that they offer teams based on the final conference standings and how the teams were seeded in the BW Tournament. We were seeded 5th in the BW Tournament with Riverside #3 and Poly #4.

We were the #5 seed in the conference tournament but then won 3 games in the BW Tournament and finished with an overall better record than Riverside and Poly. We even had a better overall record than Hawai'i when you include the games in the BW Tournament but I think Hawai'i ended up in the WBIT since they won the regular season BW Title.

I wonder if the Aggies got and invitation to the WNIT and the Athletics Department turned it down? I'm not sure we'll ever know but I am sure that the team must be very disappointed to see Riverside and Poly playing in the post-season while they sit at home.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!