• BlueGoldAg
    The NCAA will be placing an increased value on road wins in determining rankings, tournament selections and seeding. This could be of benefit to teams like us who play a road heavy OOC schedule.

Excerpt:

“The emphasis of performing well on the road is important, as was the need for teams not to be penalized as much for road losses. Beating elite competition, regardless of the game location, will still be rewarded, but the committee wanted the team sheets to reflect that a road game against a team ranked 60th is mathematically more difficult and of higher quality than a home game versus a team ranked 35th. We feel this change accomplishes that.”

Read the whole article here:

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/di-men-s-basketball-committee-redefines-quality-win
  • aggie6thman
    Yes, but it really only helps if we schedule relatively decent teams or teams at our level. Starting against mid-level WCC, Pac 12, and Mountain West teams is a good place to start. Northern Colorado (RPI 287), North Carolina A&T (RPI 350), Lamar (RPI 232), and even Sac State (RPI 293) aren't exactly what the committee is looking for.

The flip side is that all of those teams in theory will be looking for road games against better or similar teams. To me, it's a catch 22 similar to FBS teams scheduling FCS teams.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Totally agree, 6th. I'm hoping that we will reload this year instead of rebuilding and, little by little, increase our level of competition. I hope I live long enough to see the day that we become a west coast mid-major power with an exciting OOC home schedule.

BTW, nice to see you posting again...seems like you've been away for a while...
  • aggie6thman
    Life is a lot busier for me than it ever has been. I finally had some free time and decided to post. ;)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!