• ucdavisaggie05
    Yes, but Bo Pelini on the other sideline will make it...interesting.
  • CA Forever
    I've been out on the road, but I just got home to see the last play of the 2nd half. Eastern Washington is up 24-17 at halftime. Going to be an interesting 2nd half!
  • CA Forever
    YSU marches down the field and get a FG on the opening drive, but EWU responds with a quick TD. The Eagles lead 31-20.
  • CA Forever
    End of the 3rd quarter and EWU is still up 31-20, but YSU has the ball and are nearing the red zone. This one could come down to the wire in the 4th!
  • agalum
    TD Youngstown, 31-27 EW
  • CA Forever
    Another td YSU. Penguins now up 34-31.
  • agalum
    34-31 Youngstown. Momentum definetly shifting to them.
  • CA Forever
    Eastern responds with a TD and the lead goes back to the Eagles! 38-34 Penguins need a TD.
  • CA Forever
    Youngstown State scores a TD with 0 seconds left on the clock... wow.
  • CA Forever
    TD stands, but the refs put 1 second left on the clock.
  • CA Forever
    EWU tries to lateral their way to the end zone but come up short... devastating loss for the Eagles. It will be James Madison and Youngstown State going to Frisco to battle it out for the championship.
  • BlueGoldAg
    What a heartbreaking loss for EWU. I have never seen a catch like that TD catch the YSU TE made with 1 second left. He reached around the defender who was facing him an pinned the ball with his right hand against the defenders back who had in in a bear hug at that point and managed to maintain control as they both went down. Unbelievable!

I did not like the call that EWU's coach made to squib the kickoff after the Eagles went up 38-35 with under 5 to go. The ball took a big hop but didn't go far and YSU set up shop near mid field. That decision may have cost them the game since int all came down the last play from 2 yard line. The Eagles defense had worn down and the short field really helped YSU win the game.
  • DrMike
    i was there with my son, who was in his freshmen year at Davis. i remember taking him back to his off-campus dorm and him yelling out 'how the f*CK did we loss that game'. his roommate replied 'uh, hi, this is my mom and dad'; mom and dad were up for a visit to their son's new school!

added insult to his injury!
  • agalum
    EWU tries to lateral their way to the end zone but come up short... devastating loss for the Eagles. It will be James Madison and Youngstown State going to Frisco to battle it out for the championship.CA Forever

I thought EW was in total control, then it seemed the momentum started to shift. Both teams deserved to be there. But YSU just kept grinding away. Success builds success. A team down on their luck might have just given up, but those guys kept plugging away, and made it happen. That endzone reception was incredible. I never saw it in any highlights which surprised me.
  • PortlandAggie
    The catch was trending on Twitter for about an hour, should be easy to find a highlight
  • ucdavisite
    7JMU players suspended ahead of Championship game

Wow! No details, yet, as to what happened. Perhaps other message boards have posted about what it might be. Must be serious though. I would guess something they done did together.
1234Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!