• BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies return to the familiar confines of the Pavilion for their second conference game of the season versus Hawai'i. The Ags traveled to Irvine on Thursday and came from behind to beat the Anteaters 76-67 while Hawai'i lost their conference opener to Fullerton 69-57. The only common opponent both teams have played is Seattle and they both were victorious. The Ags beat the Redhawks 79-53 while Hawai'i won 73-58.

The Rainbow Wahine are led in scoring by 5'11 Sr Sarah Toeaina at 14.6 ppg and 5'9 So G Julissa Tago with 10.8 ppg. As a team Hawai'i is averaging 64.3 ppg while allowing an average of 70.8. They have good size with three players listed at over 6'2 tall.

If the past is any indication this will be a tough battle. Hawai'i always plays very physical and the Aggies have had their problems against athletic teams that play aggressively in the paint. The turnover bug has bitten the Aggies lately also and they had 23 TO's against Fullerton. Another area of concern is the number of offensive boards the Ags are allowing. The Titans had 16 offensive rebounds and that's way too many. Given that the Aggies seem to be vulnerable in these areas we can expect Hawai'i to crash the boards and try to pressure the Ags into mistakes.

All teams go through periods of simply not playing as well as they are capable during the long basketball season. Let's hope the Ags find their moxie again Saturday.

Live online stream from Big West TV at 2 pm: http://www.bigwest.org/tv/

Go Ags!
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies come out with all guns-a-blazin' and shoot 77% to take a 25-18 lead after the first quarter.
  • aggie6thman
    77% is getting close to the Michael Jordan-Larry Bird McDonalds commercial...
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Ags take a 7 point lead into the half 36-29. They shot 63% from the floor but the Rainbow Wahine grabbed 10 offensive boards and put up 10 more shots and, as a result, have kept themselves within reach.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies blow the game open in the third and take a 19 point lead into the final quarter 58-39. Morgan Bertsch has 23 on 10 of 14 shooting.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Strong 3rd quarter for the Aggies!

Ms. Anderson is working on a double-double....
  • Russ Bowlus
    Dang, 13 and 9 for Marly--couldn't quite get that last rebound before Coach Gross cleared the bench. :D
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Aggie team we saw in the first 9 games of the season is back as the Ags thump Hawai'i 76-52. The Ags came out hot in the first quarter shooting 77% and shot 56% for the game.

Marly Anderson was brilliant off the bench shooting 6 for 6 and just missing a double double with 9 boards. Morgan Bertsch had her spin moves going today and dropped in 26. Nina Bessolo and Cierra Hall brought their energy and athleticism to floor again to lead the Aggie defense. Pele Gianotti had 10.

The Ags had good energy from the start and executed their offense crisply and shot the ball well. They did a much better job on the defensive boards after giving up 10 offensive rebounds in the first half and only allowed 4 more in the second half.

The Aggies played like they are capable today and, if they can bring this kind of energy to the floor each time they play, they'll be very hard to beat.

Great job Aggies!
  • 69aggie
    Morgan has great mobility and quickness for a big. She could have gone 30+ of not fore some missed easy shots that just rolled out. Pele is getting her game on as well. Very confident UC Davis team out there today. They will be very hard to beat. Go Ags!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!