• agalum
    Anybody have an idea of the offensive scheme that Hawk runs? Pistol? Option?
  • CA Forever
    I would imagine that he would like to evaluate our players and skill sets before making a set plan on what he wants to do going forward. That being said, a pistol offense would be fun to watch.
  • aggiemba
    Wing T?

Wishbone Option?
  • aggie6thman
    Power I, kinda like what Gould ran but more runs up the middle. It leads to some high percentage field goals.
  • CA Forever
    You just made me throw up.
  • SochorField
    Anything but the spread. If I see 4th and 3/4 inches at the 1 yard line from the shotgun once more on TV I'm going to barf. Personally, I'm bored to death with the spread at this point. Cutting edge in 2004....
  • aggie6thman
    Not even a chuckle? :-O
  • CA Forever
    I'll admit that I did laugh a bit... then the nightmares came flooding back.
  • agalum
    you mean "Field Gould"?
  • movielover
    When Hawkins spoke at the end about misdirection, as opposed to "see ball, get ball"... I thought that last bit kind of applied to our recent past.

I'm still unclear as to how much of the Boise offensive success lay with Hawk, and how much with Peterson.
  • aggie6thman
    Hawkins hired Peterson....he doesn't have to know everything, he just has to know the right people for the job.
  • movielover
    I know that, just wondered if he was an expert more on the O or D side of the ball.
  • UCDavisFootball
    I think he will have great connections and have the ability to bring in a great staff. His son was a great QB and has been working in the coaching ranks and wouldn't be surprised to see him find his way onto the staff. Will be great to see the names that come with Hawk.
  • OldAggie
    As long as we run up the middle on every first down, second down, and then throw on 3rd and long.
  • OldAggie
    He will hire an OC who will install whatever offense they plan on using for several years. You can't install a new offense every year, so I don't think he will consider who we have on the current roster as his guide. We do have to consider the athletes we land in recruiting, and to me that's a spread type offense that forces them to assign an LB or DB to cover the QB.
  • SochorField
    Who was Hawkins' OC at Colorado? Mark Helfrich. Interesting tidbit.

The guys knows people.
  • DrMike
    Dan did a fair amount of announcing for ESPN and had participated in a SIRIUS radio show about college football. He's remained in contact with plenty of coaches around the nation, so hopefully he'll have a good list of up-and-comers that can join the staff and have a big impact.
  • aggie6thman
    Shhhh, you can't give away our game plan!
  • OldAggie
    Lol, it won't be a secret for long. I hope I'm right!
  • SochorField
    The real trickery comes when we kick a field goal on 3rd down. They'll never see it coming.
  • movielover
    With all due respect, how was his son a great college QB? I don't think Colorado ever got much over .500, and the perception of favoritism was partly responsible for Hawks downfall.

That said, I'm fired up.
  • GunRockFaceMask
    I would expect his to join the staff. His offense has been traditionally very creative, a lot of formations & motion
  • OldAggie
    I know a freshman backup QB on that Colorado team well, and he loved Hawkins and that entire staff (and they hated the moron who came next). Hawk's son was a good QB on a mediocre team, and a watched more than a few games. He played really hard, and without him they win less games. The stuff about nepotism was totally unfounded from what I heard, and I would assume backup QB and his dad would be saying it if it had happened. Hawk's downfall and the speculation about nepotism flowed from them losing games...typical in all levels of sports I suppose. I have no problem with his son coming in an working a position coach, and it happens in a ton of programs. Lots of misinformation comes from unqualified sources about programs, and only I truly trust what I hear when it comes from multiple players and/or coaches within the team. The rest of the world just speculates. It's a non-issue unless his son was unqualified or doesn't work hard.
  • AggieFinn
    If Doss isn't 1st Team all Big Sky in 2017, it'll be a sin.
  • CA Forever
    EWU's Kupp and Hill were clearly the 2 best receivers in the Big Sky, but Doss had very similar stats to NAU's Butler who got the last spot on the 1st team. Butler had less than 100 more yards total on the season than Doss, while Doss had 1 more TD. You could have made an argument for him to have made it this year.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!