• Davisbear
    It was interesting to see that Jeff Tedford came in and fired all coaches and support staff at Fresno State. I think he kept a couple grad assistants but basically he is doing a slash and burn. The Bulldogs were just 1-11 this season so it makes sense. He didn't mess around. Like Hawk he has a pool of guys he's worked with in the past and is trying to get his old gang together (such as Gould).

It will be interesting to see what Hawkins does!
  • CA Forever
    If the rumors that we heard before hold true, then Ron is moving to Fresno... lucky him. I wish Gould all the best if he does end up there. I have been refreshing footballscoop.com and coachingsearch.com to see if anything pops up about what Hawkins plans to do, but nothing yet. He did say in the presser that he knows a lot of people and he didn't come into this with a preset staff so I hope he takes the time to find the right people... that being said, he can't take too long because we have recruiting to do.
  • movielover
    We certainly seem to land good WRs and TEs... but did they drop a lot of balls this year?

Recruiting more heavily, locally, has advantages.

Question: if a scholar-baller contacts us from Minnesota or Texas, can football pursue them?
  • BlueGoldAg
    I would assume so. Look at the wide net Coach Les has cast in the past few years.
  • aggie6thman
    We are already recruiting in Washington, Oregon, and Arizona. It doesn't cost anymore for a recruit from Texas or Minnesota.
  • movielover
    True, but you know how large administrative structures work.. or don't... I don't know if the AS or Mrak put any geographic limits in place as part of the move to DI.
  • aggie6thman
    I know. Rise your have if you would want to tell Hawkns he can't go somewhere to recruit...:-O
  • SochorField
    I'll venture a guess that Hawkins will do the same, as did Gould.
  • movielover
    FRom CoachingSearch.com.

"Fresno State: UNLV cornerbacks coach J.D. Williams andrunning backs coach Jamie Christian will join the Fresno State staff, according to Scout.com . Both spent two years at UNLV and are former Fresno State players"

Christian is a former Bulldog fullback and a top recruiter. (UNLV bio.)
  • OldAggie
    Pretty much SOP...not always a smart call, but politically, coaches feel like they need to bring in their guys. Frankly, while I'm excited about Hawkins and Blue, I find myself reflecting on all of my posts as hoping for the future. It's time to get this done.
  • goaggs1
    I really hope we retain some of our coaching staff. The D showed much improvement as the season progressed, so hopefully he'll keep some the D coaches. I think the O needs a complete refresh.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!