• Riveraggie
    Finally an optimistic opinion about our schedule..
    We can win 2 of our out of conference get ranked and we don’t have to play the two Utah schools who shared eague title
  • CA Forever
    HERO Sports is the one FCS site that has had a continuous positive outlook on the Aggies over this offseason. Hopefully we can shock some people.
  • Riveraggie

I can see it both ways. Lots of challenging games can fall either way. Optimistically our skilled offensive players give us an edge.
  • movielover
    Can the Blue Force rise?
  • Riveraggie
    is the Blue Force the defensive side of the team? I believe they will rise to the occasion. We’ll have a really good idea after the first two games.
  • 69aggie
    Great enthusiasm this year! Great discussions! But after first scrimmage nothing! Not a single post about the scrimmage. (I was not there) Strange indeed. Is it no news is good news or no news is very bad?
  • Zander
    I don't see how Coach Hawk couldn't spin the scrimmage into something positive unless it was a catastrophe, like an all-team brawl or something.

"Well, we've got some young guys still developing and some returnees who are a little rusty from summer but will be back to their old selves in no time" is realistically the worst thing anybody be willing to announce.

So I have to imagine that the blackout is just because Hawk doesn't feel like talking about it and is not something too bad.
  • Riveraggie
    So far this year we’ve had the enterprise cover one position. At this rate we’ll have the whole team analyzed by Halloween
  • movielover
    Scrimmage Sat, 7 PM. I believe locker rooms will be open (before?) to fans.
  • agalum
    From what ive seen, Hawk keeps his cards tight, with the exception of getting the ball to Doss. We’ll have a good idea of where we are at in a few weeks. My hope, as others have commented, improvement in the D. I’ll throw in increased efficiency inside the 20.
  • Riveraggie
    on offense we need to be more effective in the ground. We need to be able to pick up first downs on third and three by running the ball. I know we expect Tehran to be a factor with that but we are also needing to replace two offensive linemen and we have some good young big lineman who may improve our run blocking. This will help inside the twenty at both ends of the field. I remember one play I think against Weber where we had third and short deep in our end, threw to Doss along the sideline where he was double covered and it was incomplete. Short punt followed, resulting in short drive for TD. On third and one or two we have to be confident we can get it.
  • movielover
    Just think about the wide receivers we ADD this year off redshirt.

Carson Crawford
    Kris Vaughn - 6'1"
    Jared Harrell - 6'2"
    Jacob Sipes - 6'5" (JC).

Plus some stud freshmen - Simkins, Kraft (redshirt?).

Rushing: Modise added experience, and we get Mitchell Layton back off the injured list, and Hicks.
  • movielover
    Fred Arp celebration of life ceremony at home opener.
  • agalum

Agreed, a strong running game would be nice. How many wishes am i being granted !
  • Riveraggie
    We deserve this wish.....We don’t have to be world class in running the ball, just good enough so that running in typical running situations is not precluded. It would make all aspects of offense better.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!