• movielover
    OK, spent 15 minutes looking at UC Davis Football Fakebook, trying different links ... nothing.

Is the Coach's Show not on Facebook? Trued tbe search function... got a 2017 notification. Going backwards? Anyone know the secret access?

Edit: got it streaming on KHTK. Volume an issue with players.
  • Riveraggie
    anything interesting in the half you heard?
    I caught the show from about 7:07 until Hawkins left and Nas Anesi and Vincent White came on. Hawkins was just ending a discussion of running backs saying they have lots of options in who to use. Mentioned Layton coming off injury. Talked about White’s fall and that he was moving so they felt that he was going to be alright.. Nas and Vincent feel they can compete and that they have a game plan; which is the attitude they should have. I tuned out about the time you tuned in.
  • movielover
    Audio poor. Commercials. Hawk came back, and when asked about Stanford, asked Marsh if he had seen Godzilla 2 ... said something about "I've won a few upsets in the past"... remarked that Sochor had the same calm disposition whether it was a huge game, or a weak opponent.
  • NCagalum

I like bringing back the old school CA. I think it is more unique. I’ll have my old baseball CA cap on in Palo Alto Saturday. Left the wife and daughter in Raleigh to deal with the hurricane. Felt sort of bad, but now only tropical storm there at best. Enjoying the low humidity here in No. Cal.
  • Riveraggie
    Is this year’s Davis team better than 2005 team?
    Both had good QBs, talented wide receivers, NFL prospect tight ends. Quite a similarity.
    2005 team had a tough runner in Nelson Doris, who unfortunately sustained an injury in the game that impacted the team for the rest of the year. This year’s team may have more talented but less proven runners.
    This year’s team may have the edge at wide receiver, but it would be a slim edge.
    I think the 2005 team was better defensively, although this year’s team probably has more talented DBs.
    I think our line play was probably better in 2005. But I’m basing that largely on how they played in their win over Stanford, but we were generally able to pass protect, run, and defend the run in that era.
  • movielover
    Our WR crew seems exceptionally deep this year, even missing our no 2 and 3 receivers. Pretty amazing.

I'm hoping for a plan A, then plan B, to catch the Indians off guard, if that's even possible.

Where is the Aggie section?
  • movielover
    Ladies golf pic on twitter, all wearing a classic CA white & blue baseball hat!

Classic white storm trooper outfit for Stanford?

Only clear plastic carry in bags for Stanford Stadium.
  • 69aggie
    Movie, i am actually old enough to remember back when the Stanford Indian mascot would come out under the scoreboard to do a war dance after a Stanford touchdown. His name was Timm Williams, aka Prince Lightfoot, but he was a real Indian. He was In authentic dress. Not the Florida state Seminoles or the Washington Redskin Indians who were/are completely phony Indians. Chief Lightfoot was gone in 1972. My first job (age 15) was to park cars at the Stanford football games (circa 1959-60. Then after the first quarter we were let in to the south end zone free. My whole family were Stanford fans all the way. Now, having had some better education at a “relatively good” university. I have shifted my allegiance totally to my university who has a totally non-Indian horse mascot named “Gunrock”. He was trained to fight Indians, but never fired a shot in anger towards our Nativre American brothers. So now: It’s Gunrock versus the Tree. Who would not pick a great horse over a tree?
  • DrMike
    we’re sitting in 128. Those were included in our season ticket package
  • movielover
    Multiple articles up at the Davis Enterprise.

One is Bruce G with the Gould's ... the interview must have been a while ago, bc he doesn't seem to know that Teresa Gould took a job with the Pac 12.
  • Riveraggie
    Sobering fact:
    Stanford is third in FBS allowing 6.5 points per game. ... The Cardinal haven't allowed a TD in the past 107 minutes and 38 seconds of game action. ...
  • CA Forever
    Apparently we have new grey alternate jerseys. I doubt we'll wear them at Stanford, but maybe we'll see them in action against Idaho. They aren't our traditional blue, but I'm not gonna lie... they are pretty slick.

• Zander
    If it's posted today then I bet that's what they're wearing. Would have preferred the classic look against Standford but the Cardinal uniform does have a lot of white, so I kinda understand going for a sharper contrast.

Also I love how -- minus the coaches show shenanigans -- the program seems to have way more resources these days. We have way more money and prestige on the institutional level than most of the FCS so it's good to act the part for recruiting
  • Zander
    I don't know how good or bad U$C is this season yet, but SDSU has a pretty one dimensional offense and has been prone to getting stopped cold once in a while, even last year with Penny.

Neither of Stanford's opponents have yet to prove their offenses are better than a top FCS offense, which probably we are
  • DrMike
    USC started a frost QB who hasn’t looked good in either game. They ran the ball okay vs Stanford, but didn’t protect the QB well. I think Maier will get the ball out quick and hopefully avoid big sacks.
  • movielover
    Yes. A solid running game would help immensely. Doss busting out would be great. Play makers making plays. I wonder if we'll keep a back home for QB protection.

Dunning picks the Robber Barons by 14.
  • DrMike
    I tried to find odds online. I think 5dimes had it as 26 points.

In contrast, San Jose is a 40 point underdog at Oregon. That’s a lot! That’s the extent of my gambling knowledge
  • movielover
    I would wager big bucks not a single Cardinal can sing bossy cow cow.

I hope Preece and Doss rise up.
  • movielover
    ABC10 has a nice little 2 minute clip recently posted. Couldn't copy the link.

Nice pics at UCD Football twitter of walk through.

Go Ags!
  • movielover
    The Davis Enterprise, Bruce G:

"Ron [Gould] was reluctant, but Teresa reminded me what she told me once the Stanford-UCD game was announced:

“This game is tough on us. Ron recruited a lot of these guys. They’re our family. This is like going in and slapping your children around. Ron and I don’t like it.” "
  • agalum
    Game day! Lets go Ags! Play hard but be safe! Hitting the road at 7
  • CA Forever
    Lets go Aggies!!!
  • BlueGoldAg
    3-0 Ags after the Nas Anesi interception!

I'm able to stream the game from northern Wisconsin. Go Ags!!
  • SoCalAggie
    Not the worst start but weird we haven’t run once. Stanford is going to start sitting back if we don’t get these RB’s involved...
  • BlueGoldAg
    Our receivers have dropped 3 passes...missing scoring opportunities...
  • SoCalAggie
    SOO MANNYYY DROPSSS. Passes on the hands but can’t catch. We aren’t going to hold Stanford like this all day. These have been missed opportunities. Could be up significantly right now
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!