• movielover
    Radio man Scott Marsh: "In the 12 years I have been broadcasting @UCDfootball this is the best and most talented team I’ve seen...."

Marsh occassionally stirs things up. He once asked Jim Sochor to compare Jimmy Laughrea to Ken O'Brien.
    1. What Aggie FB team has been the Best? (15 votes)
        Marsh, 2018 Doss / Maier team (4-1)
        40%
        2000 playoff team, JT O'Sullivan (12-1)
        13%
        1983 playoff team (11-1)
          0%
        1982 Championship team, O'Brien (12-1)
        27%
        1977 playoff team, Moroski (11-1)
          0%
        Punt, & Beat Sac State!
        20%
  • CA Forever
    Tough to say. This is the best team we've fielded in the D1 era for sure. Only other option I was around for was the 2000 team, which was a damn good team.
  • CA Forever
    I'm still thinking about it haha
  • DrMike
    Taking my cue from the fourth quarter yesterday, I’ll wait later in the season to vote. If we keep it to Marsh’s 12 years (basically Aggie stadium era) this is the best and most complete team
  • SochorField
    I agree.

I think this is the best team in 12 years by far.
    Need to prove we can win big games @ Montana and @ Eastern Washington to prove we belong.

The 2006 team was talented, but a brutal schedule showed. Jon Grant, Marcus Nolan, Chris Carter, Kays, Rice on offense. Barsi, Bergan, Amos, Faletoese, and Adam Cook on defense. And don't forget: Emo the kicker!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Biggs had some talent on that 2006 team for sure...
  • Russ Bowlus
    I have a soft spot for the '96 team that went to Kingsville and knocked off the #1 D-II team in their home stadium. :party:

The home loss to Bloomsberg in '00 still rankles. :broken:
  • quadshock
    I mean we're talking about literally, head to head, who's the best team right?
  • movielover
    Marsh had 2 different items; best a d mist talented. This team nat be the mist 'talented... maybe not, we had one heck on a O line and D in 82. Fricker, Slater, Eason.

The question here was Best. O'Brien and Sochor tough to beat... O'Brien undefeated in 82.
  • AggieFinn
    I'd only add that the 2005 - 2006 transitional teams were loaded - didn't win all the games they should've however...so there's that. Beat Furd, Beat NDSU (@ Fargo)
  • Zander
    I feel like it might help with clarity to sort out the difference between "greatest" and "best". I can't imagine a quantitative model ranking any other historical team against this one. But in terms of accomplishments, the teams that actually won FCS conference titles or went to D2 playoffs rank above this one in my book.

Fail to recover onside kicks against SJSU and UNC and this potentially is a 2-3 team (more likely a 3-2 team with a close win but still) . It still would have the most talented roster of the D1 era but we wouldn't be talking about it being the best of all time.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!