• oldschool
    I saw this article in the Enterprise... https://www.davisenterprise.com/sports/aggie-football-visit-gives-dignity-hope-to-inmates/

Aggie players and coaches went to Folsom Prison to lead drills and encourage inmates. This is such a unique service opportunity for the players, led by Coach Speckman. How many D-1 football programs do this kind of thing on their bye week? I can't imagine there are many, if any...
  • BlueGoldAg
    There was an article about this on the Aggie website also. Sounds like it was a great experience for the players that went and it meant a lot to the inmates as well. The Aggie Athletics Department is truly interested in providing life experiences for the athletes outside of the sports they play. Great to see.
  • DrMike
    Way back in the day (mid 70’s) the frosh played the Eagles of San Quentin. Road game. I remember reading a story written by some one from that group that was shared to the Grid Club. Good stuff
  • BlueGoldAg
    "Aggies in Prison..." is an attention getting title for this thread but, if someone is just passing through this forum without knowing what the post is about, it sure doesn't look good!
    Maybe "Aggies Make a Goodwill Visit to Folsom Prison" would have been less startling! :yikes:
  • zythe
    That title scared me...
  • DrMike
    I was wondering if this was a follow up to an arrest of a few years back
  • Bige70
    No kidding - I read the title and thought the party was over! Please change title to “Aggies VISIT prison.” Some of our members are elderly - don’t want to cause any cardiac issues.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!