• movielover
    UCLA notebook: Joshua Kelley sets rivalry game record in UCLA win over USC

"... The redshirt junior scored two touchdowns and extended his streak of consecutive scoring games to seven, the longest for a UCLA player since Skip Hicks’ 14-game run that stretched between 1996-97."

"In his rivalry debut, Kelley rushed for the most yards for any player in the history of the storied series."

"...Kelley, who walked on at UCLA after transferring from UC Davis, put up the second-most rushing yards USC has ever allowed to a single player, trailing only Oregon’s Kenjon Barner, who rushed for 321 in 2012 for Chip Kelly’s Oregon Ducks."

http://www.dailynews.com/ucla-notebook-joshua-kelley-sets-rivalry-game-record-in-ucla-win-over-usc
  • movielover
    I think it went overlooked given our huge weekend.
  • CA Forever
    I'm not going to lie... I wish Josh luck with what he does but I'm more concerned about our guys who stayed with the program. He chose to not be an Aggie anymore.
  • BlueGoldAg
    You know, Hawkins says to always set the bar high and Kelley to a big risk because he thought he could play on a bigger stage and he's been successful. Congrats to him.
  • movielover
    Yes. Congrats to him. Further proof we have studs at this level, and a solid young man.

I'm not watching his every move, but his production in not even a full season is amazing.
  • CA Forever
    I'm all for setting the bar high... at UC Davis. Guys who stuck through the thick of it are being rewarded by being the 6th seed in the playoffs. Josh might personally be doing well but UCLA is 3-8... I'd rather be winning.

Likewise, Jordan Allen who left Davis to go to City College of San Francisco then to Tennessee... his stats this season? 6 tackles in 8 games on a squad with a losing record. Leaving your teammates and brothers just to play at a big name school doesn't earn respect from me.
  • Riveraggie
    I don’t have a clue about his thought process.
    Did he feel under or mis-utilized at Davis? Or was he disillusioned by Gould’s departure? Big sacrifice giving up a scholarship to become a walk-on and doing without that money for a year.
    Worth noting that a player wouldn’t have to sit out a year under new rules, if I understand them correctly. i wish him well but hope no one else does it.
  • AggieFinn
    There are a lot of opportunities for RB in the NFL - getting the exposure of bigger games at UCLA was probably the best bet. Kelley stays, who knows, maybe Thomas moves on...there's no doubt Kelley had talent that was upper tier at the FCS level. Gould can pick 'em in the backfield.
  • movielover
    ... but picking QBs more important.
  • Riveraggie
    can’t afford to lose difference makers at any position.
    We lost a one or more defensive players to UCLA from the 2005 team that beat Stanford as well. We can’t turn into a pac12 farm team.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!