• agalum
    Finn is calling for 5 OTs on UNI game
  • ucdavisaggie05
    I'm fine with them playing until tomorrow Central time....
  • CK2
    Yup. I knew Nicholls should pound them. Interesting game up in Cheney next week.
  • CK2
    Gonna be UNI. GAME ON.
  • AggieFinn
    Bring it Panthers
  • movielover
    CK, your blowout didn't transpire... a defensive battle. I enjoyed your analysis.
  • CK2
    I missed on a lot of the games which is what makes the playoffs so fun.

-I bet Duquesne +21.5 But never figured they could win the game.
    -Wish we could have seen Copeland for IW, that’s a completely different game if he could play today. Montana St offense has no shot vs NDSU. It’s QB run right, qb run left with an occuasiinal shot down the field. They’ve made the best out of their situation, losing their starting QB just before season started and plugging in a converted WR.
    -Nicholls/USD played out as expected
    -JMU too BUT their offense was again a little lacking. Give Delly some credit their D pretty good.
    -felt like Elon/Wofford was a toss up so result didn’t surprise me.

Of the record 6 CAA team that made the playoffs (of which such a big deal was made) 4 of them were eliminated today. Maine had a bye and JMU/Delly were both CAA team. Truly unmoressive day for what most people believe is 2nd best conference in FCS behind MVFC.

Just got home from dinner with the family in time to catch fourth qtr of Jax st ETSU. Jax St taking over.

I only caught about 1/3 of UNI Game. Any thoughts?

Given the performance today the Panthers PR’s will decline a little which should I mean UCD will open as slight favs on Saturday. My guess is -3 ish.
  • movielover
    I caught the last 1/3, maybe. Two predictable, limited offenses. Iowa 110 yds passing? Solid run game, they take care of the ball. Lamar 2 critical TOs in red zone, and 1 awesome fake punt / hike to a 290 # DE who executed perfectly, took a hit and used a spin move for another 10 yds, then bulldozed another defender for another 5.

Can Iowa shut down our offense? I couldn't really gauge their D given the circumstances, but my guess is no. So if we roll up at least 550 yds of offense, and minimum of 35 points, they have to double their production. I don't see that from their O, which means they need TOs. We have to execute and take care of the ball.
  • 72Aggie

"Turkey coma in Cedar Rapids!!!"

(Make that Cedar Falls.)
  • movielover
    How was the crowd at The Grad?
  • agalum

It was modest. Primarily athletics members and their families and maybe a dozen fans. Lots of kids playing and having a fun time. Finn and I were there. Glad i went. Was able to chat with coach and Blue. Both are very welcoming and appreciative of the fans.
123Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!